Tuesday, December 29, 2020

That's a Wrap!


Admittedly, this year wasn't as eventful as most, but it will likely never be forgotten!  These are some of my favorite posts to look back on, so I had to put together a little recap, even if it's just for me.  :)  I pray you get some time this week to look back on all the good that has happened to you over the past year.

January
+ We celebrated New Year's Eve at home with the kids and our good friends Dave & Chrissy after a weekend in Minnesota at the Vikings Game
+ Adam and I went to Las Vegas for with his company
+ The kids both played basketball and Cullyn was in several wrestling tournaments 
+ My mother in law and I wallpapered the bathroom

February
+ We went to Minnesota to see the Ice Castles and visit friends for a weekend
+ Lots of time was spent playing in the snowskiing, & ice skating

March
+ Had lunch with my entire family before my sister and Brad headed back to South Carolina
+ Covid19 broke out in the US and school was switched to virtual for the rest of the year 

+ Adam was laid off for several weeks but we made the best of it
+ We painted the kitchen cabinets, I caught up on photobooks, took lots of ATV rides, & so much more

 
April
+ We realized was going to be longer than we initially thought 
+ We had a socially distanced lunch with my family in my sister's garage for Easter and then did a scavenger hunt in cars with Adam's family

+ Cullyn turned 7 and a bunch of people stopped by to sign a big chalk card in the driveway
+ Cullyn learned to ride a bike without training wheels

May
+ We hosted all of our family on both sides for Mother's Day in the garage so we could all spread out
+ The kids finished 'home' school - Jordyn 2nd grade and Cullyn 1st - & had a reverse parade at school
+ Lola turned 3
June
+ The kids got to spend the weekend at the farm and learned to drive a dirtbike
+ My friend Caprice started in outdoor workout class every Monday, Wednesday, & Friday
+ We hosted a bonfire for Small Group
+ We went strawberry picking with my sister and niece
+ We got our family photos taken
+ Our family from Oklahoma came to stay with us for the weekend
+ We sold our car
+ My nephew was born!
 
July
+ We had a festive Independence weekend -- Adam's band played and we watched the fireworks from the water
+ We bought a Tahoe
+ Our friends from Minnesota came for a long weekend
+ Spent a day at Bryan Island & tubed down the Des Moines River
+ My mother in law and I took the kids to Lost Island Waterpark and my parents joined us
 
August
+ We took the kids and our in laws on an epic RV trip to SD, WY, ID, UT, NV
+ Derecho hit Iowa and left us without power for days
+ My parents took my kids to South Carolina to see my sister, her husband, & their dog
+ Adam & I went to a State Fair backyard party
+ I hosted a sprinkle for my new nephew
+ The kids started back to school - Cullyn in 2nd & Jordyn in 3rd

September
+ We had our annual Seafood Boil
+ We bought a pontoon!
+ My sister and her husband visited for a day
+ Our new piano teacher started since the former one went off to college
+ Adam tuned 40 and we went to the Florida Keys with friends
+ I took the kids Apple Picking
 
October
+ We found out my niece is expecting a boy!
+ Jordyn turned 9 and we rented out a pottery studio and took a few friends to paint pottery and have pizza
+ Jordyn went to a birthday party and was exposed to COVID, so she had to quarantine for 14 days, missing Halloween
 
November
+ It was unseasonably warm and they reroofed our house from Derecho
+ COVID spiked in Iowa, our niece's family got the virus, and we spent Thanksgiving alone for the first time ever.
 
December
+ The kids and I went to my parents house for a baking weekend while Adam was deer hunting
+ I read my 100th book for the year
+ We celebrated Christmas {but missed my sister and brother-in-law from South Carolina!}
+ We're ringing in the New Year with the kids at a hotel in Des Moines.

 
Most Viewed Posts of 2020 :: 
Friday Favorites from January
Valentine Favorites
Favorite Hostess Gifts


A walk down memory lane...
2010 | 2013 | 2014 | 2016 | 2019

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...