Tuesday, December 31, 2019

2019 Recap -- no wonder I'm always tired! ;)

Since I was terrible at making time to blog in 2019, it's probably more important than ever for me to do a little recap of 2019 if I want to stand a chance at remembering what went down.  Here a few highlights from our past year.


+ Adam started a new job in January & traveled to KC for an entire month.
+ Adam and I went to the BVI's for a week
+ I started a new job and no longer commute to DSM
+ Cullyn turned 6 and Jordyn 8
+ We sat curtside watching the Harlem Globetrotters
+ A niece graduated college and a niece and nephew graduated from high school
+ We went to STL with my family
+ I took Jordy to her first concert {JoJo Siwa}
+ Lola turned 2
+ Adam and I took the kids to Oklahoma
+ We flew to Colorado for a wedding/vacation
+ We road tripped to KC for the weekend
+ Listened to JJ Grey & Mofro in concert
+ The kids and I flew to SC with my family to see my Sister & BIL
+ Watched our niece got married
+ Jordyn started 2nd grade and Cullyn 1st
+ I ran a marathon
+ Adam and I celebrated 10 years by renewing our vows in Jamaica
+ We spent the weekend at FunCity with Adam's family
+ Adam and I took the kids to their first NFL game & spent the weekend in MN
+ I read over 50 books
+ Jordyn started {& stopped} gymnastics Cullyn started {& loves} taekwondo.  Both kids started piano.


Looking back, we spent a fair amount of time traveling {my very favorite thing!} and doing new things {flew in a helicopter, visited Colorado, ran a marathon} -- in between all of that were a million little things {sports games, runs, nightly rituals, meetings, homework, books read, practices, and everything else} -- We prioritized God, family time, and paying off debt and worried less about the state of my house and doing things out of obligation.

I'm super excited to see what 2020 has in store for us!  Adam turns 40 and we have some fun travel on the horizon!  I'm hoping to bring back the weekly date nights now that we've found our new groove.  I'm also going to start exercising in 2020 -- I know, me and 234083290846 people! ;)
Cheers to new beginnings!

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...