Friday, August 21, 2020

FAIR FRIDAY! Iowa State Fair Party

When we got word that the Iowa State Fair was cancelled, my friend Alicia suggested she host a State Fair Party in her backyard.  Of course I encouraged this!  Unfortunately, it was days after our 2 week RV trip, so I wasn't as helpful as I had hoped.  I basically bought a ton of decorations and sent them to her house.  She and her husband managed everything else!  

We had pork chops on a stick, corn dogs, and even {huge!} turkey legs!  She also had Mexican corn, watermelon, and even cups of mini cookies just like the state fair.  Of course no Iowa State Fair is complete with out State Fair Lemonade

Because we were supposed to go to the Chris Stapleton concert and it was cancelled, she hired Adam and Mark to play acoustic music throughout the night.  Obviously the highlight of my night!  ;)  I was busy chatting with friends I've missed, so most of these photos were taken from Tasha Booth Photography.






















You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...