Sunday, November 1, 2020

Quarantine


Welp.  The Coronavirus just hit close to home.  Jordyn was exposed to someone who later tested positive for COVID.  We got the call Thursday morning and she was sent home from school.  Public health later called to let us know she needed to quarantine until November 8th.  Luckily, at this point nobody in our house has any symptoms.  Adam was tested {again} for work {required} and is negative.

The kids were devastated to miss Halloween and all the festivities that go along with that, but it is what it is.  We have no other choice.  One upside is that Jordyn was exposed at a birthday party with several of her friends, so the two of them [neighbors} have been able to keep each other company during this time.  So, we're soaking up this time as a family, and taking a much needed rest from everything.  So far I have blogged, binge watched Bloodline, watched the season premier of This Is Us, read Dear Edward, done a deep cleanout of the closets -- I really want to build some new shelving, & convinced myself we need a puppy Goldendoodle!  Jordyn has made every craft kit she got for her birthday, Cullyn is living his best life playing PS4 and Adam is sleeping in and making us real meals.

In all of this, I'm super thankful we're all still healthy, I'm able to work from home, and that I have a super cozy bedroom to lounge around in.   

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...