Thursday, December 31, 2015

December | Dates + Deeds

The final installment of our 2015 Dates & Deeds...
DATES
Adam | We got an overnight sitter and went to Adam's Christmas party for work.  It's held at the Marriott downtown where we enjoyed hors d'oeuvres, dinner, awards, socializing/dancing, and an overnight stay.  This year was extra sweet, because Adam was recognized with an award which earned us a trip to the Turks and Caicos this spring! 
Kids | Individual dates with the kids just didn't happen this month.  I'm pretty sad, because for the most part, I did pretty good about getting a date in with everyone each month this year.  However, I'm going to be happy with the fact that we had a ton of quality family time this month!  With Christmas, we saw family often and did all kinds of Advent activities together {zoo, science center, Christmases, car rides, s'mores, crafts, breakfasts, dance, school parties, etc.}

DEEDS
Sketch Pad | 2 xBox Games | Hoodie | Snacks
We sponsored Christmas for a young boy my sister happens to teach.  This was the first time we actually sponsored a child as opposed to just getting an item for a child {or two}.  The kids loved helping me shop for him and then wrapping his gifts.  We talked about giving to others and it was really neat to see them get excited about giving. A special treat for us, I got a photo of him after he opened his gifts and it made my year!  So special!

Did you do any dates or RAoK this month?  If so, share below...I love new ideas! :)

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...