Tuesday, August 11, 2015

July | Dates + Deeds

I'm going to try to do a little recap each month with details from our dates {Adam & I, each of the kids) and Deeds {Random Acts of Kindness/Pay It Forwards}
DATES
Adam | Adam and I went to Zoo Brew & dined at MALO & Centro.
Me | I snuck away to see Magic Mike XL with Jess and ride a day of RAGBRAI with my sisters.
Jordyn | I took Jordyn to story hour at the Altoona pool and then back to my office for the afternoon.  It was really cool.  You just wear your suit and they read {from memory} a story and you act it out in the water.  Jordyn's favorite part was going down the slide and 'free swim' time. :)
Cullyn | Sadly my date for Cullyn couldn't happen, so I'm hoping it will come together next month. He did get to go out for lunch {BWW} with our summer nanny and a few small trips with Adam for errands. 
Kids | The kids and I did lots together this month while Adam was DJing and playing in the band.  We ate downtown at the food trucks with Auntie Ashley, saw a circus with Gram, ate cupcakes at Creme, spent a couple of days at the pool, went on several bike rides, out for ice cream twice, to a few parks, fed the ducks, saw an outdoor movie, & went to Denver over Sturgis Falls. Both kids spent a week with and Gram & Papas this month, too, so I'm sure that was their highlight of the month.
Family | We enjoyed the long holiday weekend together at the lake at the beginning of the month, plus a couple of pool days, and our adventure day, as well as the balloon festival.

DEEDS
This month I volunteered at 'love lunches' which is a program through a few local churches what provides lunch & an activity at a park three times a week for children {& their families} that would normally eat lunch provided by the school.  It's so awesome to see how many people this program is able to feed.  It makes my heart hurt thinking they could go from Thursday until Monday without eating a meal. :( 
I also had the opportunity to give a stranger $100 {a bucket list item} I took the kids to the park one morning and the sweetest girl {20ish?} was working so patiently with this special needs boy the entire time.  I posted all about it on Instagram.  It was one of my favorite moments in life. 


Did you do any dates or RAoK this month?  If so, share below...I love new ideas! :)

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...