Tuesday, March 24, 2015

The Kids Learn To Ski :: Seven Oaks

A couple weeks ago, we carved out a little time after church, before a photoshoot to take the kids to Seven Oaks in Boone to learn to ski.  Luckily, Adam's Uncle owns the ski resort and and Adam used to teach ski lessons when his family family had a ski business, so I didn't have to do much!  Those of you that have seen my ski know I don't have much to offer in terms of skills! :)  

It was warm {50's + sunshine!} so it was the perfect day for them {me!}  Adam said he hadn't seen two kids {that age} ski that well on their own before.  They were both skiing {& stopping} all by themselves once they got a push to start.  By next year I'm sure they'll be taking the rope tow up and skiing down the bunny hill by themselves.  Adam was going to take Jordyn down the green hill this year, but she was ready to go back to 'the house' {the lodge!} :)  so we didn't push it.  I'm sure they'll be excited to ride the chair lift next year! :)  We all had so much fun and I can't wait to do this more as a family in the coming years. 

It's the same place we skied before kids {omg, don't judge the edits on those circa 2010 photos!} and went tubing with my family.  We also took Jordyn here as an infant in 2012 and hosted our Gender Reveal Party at for Cullyn.  The staff is always so incredibly nice & helpful!  You can pack your own snacks if that works better for your family, or buy goodies at the kitchen, or in our case, the bar.  :)  Plus they just added a second reception room with a gorgeous fireplace!!













----------------
Some of our favorite LOCAL EVENTS

I've posted in the past about Sports ClassScience Center of Des Moines, GlitterazziArt Class @ the Des Moines Art CenterElmo LiveiCubsShear MadnessB&B DeliTriad TumblingZoo TotsThe RitzBaconfestBackyard AdventuresSkyZoneSculpture ParkZoo TunesIowa State Fair 2012Iowa State Fair 2013Iowa State Fair 2014Tubing at SevenOaks in BooneFree Little LibrariesJumpin Jacks, and tons of local Christmas Activities.  I've briefly mentioned the farmer's market {which is a pretty big deal here} few concert and shows, and tons of restaurants, but there are so many places we've been and things we've experienced around this city that I haven't even mentioned.  

*None of these places have any clue who I am or what this little blog is.  I pay for our entrance/membership like any other customer and blog only my honest opinions.

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...