Wednesday, May 14, 2014

{iCubs}












The Chicago Cubs {AAA} farm team, the iCubs, are housed in Des Moines.  We try to go to an iCubs game or two each year.  This year we were invited to a friends 30th birthday in the big skybox on opening night this year {usually we sit it Adam's company box}.  Luckily, even though it was early April, we had gorgeous, warm weather!  Jordyn played with Emmett all night and they ate their weight in food! :)  It was a long day {we were in Monte for our nieces prom the morning of, getting to town just in time for the game} but the kids had so much fun.  And I got to wear Cully all night! :)

----------------
This is my effort to post more about our local adventures {Des Moines, Iowa area} since I am always looking for fun, new places to take the kids or go out with my hubby.

I've posted in the past about Shear MadnessB&B DeliTriad TumblingZoo TotsThe RitzBaconfestBackyard AdventuresSkyZoneSculpture ParkZoo TunesIowa State Fair 2012Iowa State Fair 2013,  Tubing at SevenOaks in BooneFree Little LibrariesJumpin Jacks, and tons of local Christmas Activities.  I've briefly mentioned the farmer's market {which is a pretty big deal here} few concert and shows, and tons of restaurants, but there are so many places we've been and things we've experienced around this city that I haven't even mentioned.  I'm assuming others would like local suggestions.

*None of these places have any clue who I am or what this little blog is.  I pay for our entrance/membership like any other customer and blog only my honest opinions.


You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...