Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Glitterazzi


A few months ago, not really knowing what to expect, but knowing that this event sold out the first day last year, I signed her up the second I heard about it.  In fact, I fudged her birth date by 11 days so she would make the 3 year old age requirement.  {BA, I know!}


Last Sunday afternoon, Jordyn {along with 70 other girls} went to 'Glitterazzi.'  When I dreamt of becoming a girl mama, these are the events I was picturing.  Glitter & Sparkle everything.  plus a whole lot more!  The theme this year was Frozen {last year, the first year they held it, it was Tangled}.  The girls went to different stations and then took their photo with Elsa.  She got her hair and makeup done, her nails painted, and an airbrush tattoo.  Then she made a crown and sang/danced with Elsa.  Afterwards she got to take a photo with Elsa {if I had known how she was going to react, I would have video taped it!  She has been afraid of all characters in the past {Santa, Easter Bunny, Disney characters, etc.} so I expected the same thing, but she ended up RUNNING up to here and hugging her! It was so sweet!}  Then she had a little coronation ceremony and was given a ring pop to take home! :)  She's been talking about meeting Elsa ever since! Worth every cent of the $35 I paid! :)

*********************************





'Before'



aren't these balloons adorable?!




SO MANY girls!  The lines moved pretty quickly though!







She picked the lightest shade of shadow they had -- daddy would be proud! :)

Here comes the beginning of many tired smiles/eyes photos!  She was so excited she couldn't fall asleep for her nap ahead of time, so she was a TIRED girl by the end! 
My personal favorite part of the day! :)


Clearly most girls wore princess costumes.  I'm pretty sure the only princess J knows is Elsa/Ana since that's the only movie she's seen.  We don't haven't character anything at our house...and I'm 100% okay with that! :)









This is actually a really good picture of the hair.  I must admit {while I don't really care, because Jordyn was happy with it} the hair was the only thing I was really disappointed it.  The front looked terrible! :(



I was so proud she did this, I thought for sure the sound {& cold air} would freak her out!  Just another reminder how much she's growing up! 

BEST part of the day! :)



SO tired!












Cully {& Aunt Ashley} got to enjoy the afternoon with us, too! :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is my effort to post more about our local adventures {Des Moines, Iowa area} since I am always looking for fun, new things to do,places to take the kids, or go out with my hubby.

I've posted in the past about Art ClassElmo LiveiCubsShear MadnessB&B DeliTriad TumblingZoo TotsThe RitzBaconfestBackyard AdventuresSkyZoneSculpture ParkZoo TunesIowa State Fair 2012Iowa State Fair 2013,  Tubing at SevenOaks in BooneFree Little LibrariesJumpin Jacks, and tons of local Christmas Activities.  I've briefly mentioned the farmer's market {which is a pretty big deal here} few concert and shows, and tons of restaurants, but there are so many places we've been and things we've experienced around this city that I haven't even mentioned.  I'm assuming others would like local suggestions.

*None of these places have any clue who I am or what this little blog is.  I pay for our entrance/membership like any other customer and blog only my honest opinions.

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...