Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Phelps Youth Pavilion | Waterloo, IA

A couple of weeks ago, when we were back home picking up the kids, my mom and I took Jordyn and Cullyn to the Phelps Youth Pavilion at the Waterloo Center for the Arts while the boys were working in the garage.  This was built after I was grown, so this was my first time.  They had great exhibits for kids 1-7ish.  Both of the kids loved it!  Riding a tractor, milking a cow {my kids were not interested in this!}, building a castle, fishing, driving a school bus, mining a cave, and so much more!  It was well worth the $5 entrance fee for each of us. 

*I accidentally grabbed my 85mm lens thinking it was my 28-135 {they're similar in size}, which was clearly a huge mistake, so most of the photos ended up being from my phone. 































----------------
Some of our favorite LOCAL EVENTS

I've posted in the past about Seven OaksSports ClassScience Center of Des Moines, GlitterazziArt Class @ the Des Moines Art CenterElmo LiveiCubsShear MadnessB&B DeliTriad TumblingZoo TotsThe RitzBaconfestBackyard AdventuresSkyZoneSculpture ParkZoo TunesIowa State Fair 2012Iowa State Fair 2013Iowa State Fair 2014Tubing at SevenOaks in BooneFree Little LibrariesJumpin Jacks, and tons of local Christmas Activities.  I've briefly mentioned the farmer's market {which is a pretty big deal here} few concert and shows, and tons of restaurants, but there are so many places we've been and things we've experienced around this city that I haven't even mentioned.  

*None of these places have any clue who I am or what this little blog is.  I pay for our entrance/membership like any other customer and blog only my honest opinions.

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...