Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Easter Weekend | 2016

The kids and I made gourmet cookies ;)

Before school Friday morning...




Fart talk gets them every time ;)


Weekend Egg Meals...



And snacks to take to our friends house...




And decor...




Finally making time to dye & paint eggs... 
{Easter being so early this year really threw a wrench in our preparations!}










Such an aggressive hold! ;)






*I boiled the eggs on Thursday night and then forget to bring them with us to the lake, but thankfully we had a package of the fake eggs to decorate.  So I get the dye kit ready because it seems so much easier than using natural dyes and realize we didn't have any vinegar at the lakehouse, so I had to send Adam up the road to beg from a neighbor steal from a friend only to remember how freaking long eggs have to sit the the dye to actually turn a shade recognizable by the human eye, which we my son has no time for, so I break out the watercolors instead.  The kids had more fun {they have more freedom with watercolors since I don't have to hover over them as much!} and it's way easier.  And safer. And cheaper.  And most of all, prettier  So win-win-win!  Someone please remind me of this little chat next year, okay?

The bunny came...







Church...









My MIL & FIL hosted Easter lunch & an indoor egg hunt {darn cold, windy weather}






And home in time to go to be and get ready for another week...



Previous Easters...
2011 {pregnant in Montezuma}
2012 {J is almost 6 months - we went to both towns for Easter}
2013 {36 weeks pregnant w/ C - we celebrated in Denver}
Happy Easter {Jordyn almost 18 months}
Basket Ideas {for an 18mo. girl}
2014 {celebrated in Monte}
Basket Ideas {for a 1 y/o boy & 2 1/2 y/o girl}
2015 {celebrated in Ankeny}
Basket Ideas {for a toddler girl & boy}
Happy Easter {C almost 3, J almost 4 1/2}

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...