Tuesday, February 7, 2017

NYC Day 5 | Grand Central Station, The Lion King, Picnic at Central Park, Serendipity, Ink48/Press Lounge

Sunday was my both of my sisters last day on the trip, walked to Grand Central Station which was pretty fascinating.  Much larger and nicer than I expected!








From there we walked through an outdoor market, into a cupcake shop, witnessed how people 'move' apartments in the city, and up to Central park to for a picnic lunch {a bucket list item of mine!} to spend the last few hours together soaking up the sunshine and fresh air!









































Once Ashley & Alicia left for the airport, my mom and I get cleaned up and headed to The Lion King.  SO good!  I would recommend it to everyone.  The music and animal costumes were amazing!  Definitely a highlight of the trip! 








After the show, we stopped into Guy Feiri's restaurant for dinner.  We shared mac and cheese and chicken which were both good and very reasonably priced.




After dinner we walked to ink48 to watch the sunset from the rooftop bar, again a highlight! Similar views as Top of the Rock, but free, well except for the overpriced drinks! ;)











After our drink, we walked to the other side of town for dessert at Serendipity.  Unfortunately I have no photos of this because it was so dark, but it was another highlight {broken record!} The sweet maitre d' snuck us into a table, allowing us to bypass the 45 minute line.  We didn't order the famous frozzzen hot chocolate, but instead opted for the drugstore hot fudge sundae.  It was life-sized.  And delicious.  And I will 100% be taking Jordyn there when she's older.  Such a special afternoon/evening with my mama!

Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4 | Day 5 | Day 6

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...