Wednesday, January 25, 2017

NYC Day 3 | Today Show, Birthday Surprises, Shake Shack, The High Line, The Sugar Factory, Macy's, MTV Studio

Friday was a big day as we were planning to go to the Today show for their Summer Concert Series!  An added bonus was that my mom and sisters surprised me with a gift every hour that day as a 30th Birthday celebration {aren't I the luckiest?!}  We got up at like 4am to get in line at the Today show and when we arrived it was already around the building.  Noteworthy, that morning was the only time I really noticed any homeless people in the city -- I guess I just expected a lot more.  The Today Show was pretty much what I expected, although I did think it would be bigger. The highlight was getting to record a blurb for TV, but unfortunately they didn't end up airing it. :( Still fun.  Blake Shelton was performing, so the music was good.













After the Today show, we walked around Rockefeller Plaza, into St. Patrick’s Cathedral and stopped for Teuscher’s Chocolates {shipped in daily from Switzerland}













After that, we spent a good chunk of the day walking around sightseeing. Did you know the former MTV building where they hosted TRL is now and Express store? ;)



My mom found the famous Naked Cowboys! ;)




We went to Shake Shack for lunch which was actually really good!  Although I thought their burgers and fries were better than their shakes. After lunch, we just kept exploring.  We got seats on a Hop-on-Hop-off bus for the afternoon.  We went to the New York City Library, which I would spend more time at if I went back.  We also so saw the Empire State Building and went to Macy's to ride on their Wooden Escalator.


























That evening, we went to the High Line, Chelsea Market, Meatpacking District, and ended at the Sugar Factory.


















Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4 | Day 5 | Day 6

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...