Tuesday, January 24, 2017

NYC Day 2 | Ground Zero, Wall Street, Status of Liberty, Brooklyn Bridge, 1PP, Juliana's Pizza



We knew we wanted to get to Ground Zero on Thursday, so we took the Subway South for the day.  We started by getting tickets to take a water Taxi to the Brooklyn side of the Brooklyn Bridge











Once we were in Brooklyn, we stopped for lunch.  After much debate between Grinaldi's or Juliana's, we decided to try Juliana's Pizza which was awesome!  {I will try Grinaldi's next time, just for comparison sake} 






From there, we boarded the Water Taxi again and headed out to see the Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island.  Unfortunately, all of the tickets to actually walk in the Statue of Liberty were sold out, so this was our only option.  I will say, this was enough for me, since I'm not a huge history person, but if I were with someone that wanted to go in it, I would be willing to do that, too.












From there, we stopped and explored Wall Street, which was more fascinating that I expected.  We tried to take our picture with 'the bull' but it was pretty crowded!  AtHome went public the day we were there.  We also passed by DelMonico's, and I missed Adam.  If he were with me, we would haven't eaten a dinner there. We also saw Federal Hall. 









From there, we walked to the 9/11 Memorial which was extremely sobering. I won't really add more than that, because words wouldn't adequately describe my feelings, but I was very glad we went.  If I ever go back with Adam, I know this is a place he would want to see.  White flowers indicated it was that person's birthday.











From there, we walkted to One Police Plaza an iconic location from Law & Order SUV {one of my most favorite shows}  They weren't taping, because almost nothing is recorded the month of August, but it was still super fun to see!








After that, we headed to Chinatown which was nearly identical to the one in San Francisco where we stopped for our first rolled ice cream expereince at 10 Below.  

















After that, we took the Subway back to Times Square and had dinner at Bourbon Street and walked around for the rest of the evening. 


























Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4 | Day 5 | Day 6

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...