Thursday, August 5, 2010

job[s]

I'm not quite sure where to even start with this post.  If you don't really care about me getting a job you should probably just skip this post because it's going to get complicated!  :)

Mon.7.26.10 - I receive a call from WF to schedule a phone interview.
Tues.7.27.10 - I do a phone interview with WF in the afternoon and schedule a face to face interview.
Thurs.7.29.10 - Have interview with WF that goes very well.
- Meet Adam at a local bar for a couple cocktails after my interview & run into an old friend of Adam's that is head of HR at Hospital M.  Talks to me for a bit and tell her that my interview went well and they are calling me in the morning to advance but I really don't know that it's exactly what I want.  She says she is sure she could get me something..she is off on Friday but will call me Monday.
Fri.7.30.10 - HR at WF calls to offer me the job at 8 am.
- I call WF back at 4pm and leave a message.
Mon.8.2.10 - Hospital M emails to set up an interview for that afternoon[!!]
- WF calls again to officially offer me the position.  I ask to have until Wednesday to make my decision and she says she can only gave me until Tuesday at noon.  So ok whatever.
- Interview with HR and boss at Hospital M [goes great]
Tues.8.3.10 - Call WF at noon and except the offer [still haven't heard from Hospital M and need to cover my booty]
- At 2pm receive an email saying I GOT THE JOB AT HOSPITAL M!!!  :)
Wed.8.4.10 - Call WF to cancel the job [as you can imagine..she is a beast!]
- Go to Hospital M to fill out paperwork, do health screen, get TB shot, and drug test.
Tomorrow - Go to Hospital M to read my TB test & get security badge for orientation.
Fri.8.20.10 - My last day as a nanny :(
Mon.8.23.10 - My first day [orientation] with Hospital M :)

How I made my decision..
             WF         HosM
Pay          x          x+2
Hours        9-6        Any 8 I want [I'm choosing 7-3:30]
Flexibility  Minimal    Extremly
Drive        48mi daily 24mi daily
Benefits     Okay       Awesome

*I will always refer to my new job as Hospital M.  I will be an Administrative Secretary scheduling meetings [and everything that goes with it] for the 900 doctors and med students/rotators at the hospital as well as other common office duties.  I could not be more thrilled!!  My soon to be boss seems extremely flexible and knowledgeable.  I feel so blessed to get this opportunity!!  [Adam said he doesn't think I was this happy at our wedding..kidding of course...I think!]





20 comments:

  1. Super excited for you!!!!!
    That's awesome :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly Blessed!!!
    What an excellent opportunity to have been able to pick between the two job offers. Congrats!

    PS. I'm a nanny too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously sounds like a perfect job! Way to go, babe! Can't wait to read all about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for you! It will such a great opportunity and I am sure that it will take some stress off of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! It sounds like a great position :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the job offer(s)! I was in the same boat once...so I know the feeling.

    I would have picked Hospital M over the shortened commute alone! A long nasty commute can kill the joy a new job brings pretty quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES!!!!!! I'm so excited for you! I think you will love it!!! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow congratulations!!! Sounds like an awesome job (I'd always pick the job with the most flexibility... good choice)

    ReplyDelete
  9. yay!! congrats! Looks like you made a great decision!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Abby, I am so excited and proud and everything else right now!!!! That is so great and I am so excited that you got 2 offers!!! You ROCK and I am super proud of you :o) Can you tell I am excited??

    Oh and just so you know....the day is dragging for me and I am letting it drag just so the weekend will get to seem longer for you :o)

    Have a great Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Go you! Congratulations on what sounds like a fantastic new job - though I'm sure you'll miss your kiddos (I know I would/did). I wish I could luck into a job like that....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!!!!! I am so happy for you! Your job sounds awesome, girl!! I left a little something for you on my blog. I hope you like it.

    Have a great weekend,
    Candace

    http://discoveringcandace.blogspot.com/2010/08/recognition.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woo hoo! How exciting!!! :) I am really happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds amazing! I love starting new/fresh and looking forward to something. The flexibility things is the best part about it! Congratulations and I can't wait to here how day one goes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is awesome! You had faith and made the best choice. :D Good luck with your new job and enjoy! PS, I'm *SO* jealous about your hours! I'm an 8--5 girl.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats!!! What wonderful news. I'm sure you'll be very happy. I'm happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay! How exciting for you! And I like the new layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read some of our story & especially for commenting!

Other Good Reads

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...