Friday, November 27, 2020

Small Business Saturday

Maybe it's because I'm getting older, or because I live in a small town, or maybe just because it's 2020?  Whatever the reason, I am loving spending our money at small, local, and handmade shops.  As you shop this holiday season, I hope you consider buying more gifts from the small companies.  Below is a list of a few of my favorites if you aren't sure where to start...

Scripture/Advent
Crew & Co. | The coolest scripture, advent, & inspirational quotes for your whole family.  Aren't these adorable?

Home Décor
417 Designs | The best quality of handmade signs and cute decor -- hand made by my sister!  I have a million things from her, obviously, but I'm thinking of adding this to the collection!  My most recent purchase were the stocking tags.  We don't do the Elf, but if we did, I would order these!  If you know someone with a new baby, these are perfect!   Odin Leather Goods | Amazing leather products -- their luggage tags are my favorite.  I just ordered a bunch of these -- perfect gift for almost anyone!.
Weather & Story | Quality leather pieces.  Not just purses, check out the passport wallets & keychains, too!  I'm eying this laptop sleeve.
Dirt Road Candle Co.
 | Awesome candles {& more} from right here in Iowa.

Clothes
Lu Roo & Co Boutique | Trendy pieces for a great price -- 15 minutes from my house! :)  Tell me I don't need this, or this, or this!  Ahh!
Gray Monroe | Great clothes & selection!  I have tons of clothes from here, but I'm eyeing these shoes most right now!

Sexy Modest
 | Originally from the town we live in.  She has her own clothing collection.  Make sure you follow her on social too! :)

Beauty|Jewelry
FiddleStitched Design Co. | She has personalized bracelets {can't find on her website} that I want to order with the kids' names.  I also have these on my list to gift a friend going through treatment.
Metal stamped jewelry | The coolest personalized metal -- I love their stacker rings.  My sister has this necklace and never takes it off. 
Waterloo Style | The most adorable large leather earrings ever!  I'm trying to decide if I need these or not!
Gussy Sews | Adorable handmade pouches with ruffles.  I've been crushing on Maggie's goods since she lived in Minnesota
Dwell
 | I heard about this company last year and have it on my list for this year.  Perfect if you're trying to memorize scripture.

Kids
Caden Lane | I ordered the kids these waterbottles for their stockings.
Little Children's Boutique | My go-to shop for Jordyn's cute holiday dresses. :)  I love the Facebook Lives she does!
Landy Lou and Devie TooTrendy Little's | Super cute mother/daughter clothes -- right here in Iowa!
Bannor Toys
 | I ordered a cute  personalized toy for the top of a baby gift. Beautiful craftmanship! 

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...