Tuesday, April 28, 2020

5 Things


5 Things I Miss
  1. Family.  I honestly don't know how much longer the kids can go without seeing Gram & Papa.  It's a daily topic, if not more. :(
  2. Traveling!  Adam and I were supposed to be at the Kentucky Derby this weekend.  We had to cancel our Memorial Weekend trip to Nashville with my family.  At this point, we're just hoping to salvage our RV trip this summer.
  3. Just being able to walk into a store without debating if it's worth it, finding a mask and gloves, etc. 
  4. The kids being able to play with their friends. 
  5. Date nights with Adam.
5 Things I Don’t Miss

  1. Rushing from activity to activity. I can't stress this one enough, and yet when I think about when we could not pick back up I don't know what it would be. :(
  2. Spending money.  Aside from our grocery bill {OMG!!!} we really did cut back a lot when Adam was home.  It's crazy to see how much money you squander away every week. 
  3. Makeup. I mean I'm going to start wearing it again someday, I think...
  4. Jam packed weekends. I still wake up every Saturday and think, 'This is the best'.  Two entire days with zero commitments!!
  5. Deciding what to wear.  I'm pretty sure I have worn the same three outfits this entire quarantine and I don't even care!  It has really made cleaning out my closet so much easier!

5 Things I’m Grateful For


  1. Technology.  I can't imagine living through this 10, 20, 50 years ago!
  2. The sunshine and temperatures in the 70’s.  Finally!
  3. Being quarantined with my favorite people.  It's honestly been pretty fun!
  4. The ability to work from home.  It hasn't been easy, but I really appreciate their flexibility! Also, after Adam was laid off, I was reminded how lucky I am to still have my job and that I carry our insurance!
  5. Our health. It’s a good reminder why we're even enduring all of this.  Bonus :: being able to lock into a 15 year mortgage at 2.625%

    Inspired by Sarah and Brittany

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...