Wednesday, April 29, 2020

What's Up Wednesday


I'm linking up today with Sheaffer and Shay for What's Up Wednesday.  

What We're Eating This Week...
I was doing so good with cooking and meal prep when this all started.  By this point I'm really over cooking!  

Breakfast - I usually make chocolate chip muffins early in the week and then eggs each morning after the muffins have run out.  
Lunch - quesadillas, dinner leftovers, muffin tray lunches, pizza pinwheels, etc.
Dinner - Steak & potatoes, Chicken Parmesean, Lobster pasta, fresh fish & rice, pizza, porkchops & potatoes, and popcorn & shakes {anyone else do this on Sundays?}

What I'm Reminiscing About...
Graduation parties, weddings, softball, I guess I miss all the things May usually brings. 

What I'm Loving...
Audiobooks!  And TypingClub.com for the kids.  Most of all, reading Harry Potter as a family before bed.  Oh, and online church!

What We've Been Up To...
 Lots of movie nights, game nights, playing outside, walks, bike rides, playing with chalk on the driveway, basketball, shuffleboard, book reading, Bible study time, and remembering all we have to be thankful for.  Oh, and cooking, so much cooking.  Why do we have to eat three times a day?!  haha!

What I'm Dreading...
I'm not sure "dreading" is the right word for this, but I met some new neighbors just yesterday and we didn't shake hands or anything like that but we said that whole, "We would shake your hand, BUT..." thing to each other.  I know things have to change for a while in order for us all to be safe but I dread the idea of a world that's still afraid to shake a new neighbors' hand or hug someone years later.

What I'm Working On...
Our school is officially closed until next year so I'm playing teacher on top of working my normal job, but after that I'm filling in these commitment-free evenings with home projects and photobooks.  I have one photobook left to do {2013}, and I'm waiting on the electric to be moved so we can then do the back splash in the kitchen.  Once I'm caught up on photobooks I'm going to start digital organization.  I have a mess of files and images on 5 different laptops and 7 different external hard drives -- ugh!

What I'm Excited About...
I'm just excited for summer.   Longer days so we can ride bikes, swim, have picnics, go fishing, enjoy campfires, outdoor movies, etc.

What I'm Watching/Reading...
Like the rest of the world, Adam and I gave in and watched Tiger King {not worth it!}  I'm reading The Sound of Gravel right now.  I just finished One Plus One and plan to read Open Book next.

What I'm Listening To...
Kids, non stop!
& the wind -- it's soo windy today!

What I'm Wearing...
I am so proud of myself, I haven't bought once piece of clothing for myself since the beginning of the year {I think!}.  If not January, it's been at least since February.  That being said, this lockdown has allowed me to wear my favorite leggings every.single.day {to be clear, I do own several pair!}  Right now I'm wearing them with this a gray camo aerie sweatshirt that must be discontinued.   

What I'm Doing This Weekend...
Since Adam and I were supposed to be at the Kentucky Derby this weekend, I'm going to try to convince him to dress up and sip Derby cocktails on the deck this weekend.  It's supposed to be sunny and 78*, so why not?

What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month...Well May Day is always a favorite for me, and social distancing hasn't ruined that, so I'm excited to make May Day baskets with the kids and Ding-Dong-Ditch some friends. :)

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...