Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Strawberry Patch 2013 [in photos!]


Last week was my final Wednesday off of work {I've been taking Wednesdays and Fridays off since I went back to work after having Cullyn} and Adam was working late, so I decided to take the kids on a late afternoon adventure to the Strawberry Patch.




Jordyn loved every second of it {until it was time to pack up and head for home, of course!}  She was running across the gravel roads and through the Strawberry Patch with bare feet {A huge deal since earlier this Spring should wouldn't even stand on the grass with bare feet}



I let her do all of the picking, no matter how ripe or not, big or small.  As you can see, some tasted better than others! :)



The only thing I would do differently next time...not wait until it's 100+ degrees, full humidity, & direct sunlight to go picking.  The guy on the phone wasn't kidding when he said we were welcome to come, but he would recommend coming in the morning.  Our post-nap adventure turned out to be a sweaty one!  



Oh, and for the record, Cullyn was with us too.  He just slept through the entire thing!  :)


We were sweaty and sticky and thirsty, but I can't wait to go back and do it again!  It was well worth the 30 mile drive!!

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...