Thursday, April 11, 2013

H2 | 38 Weeks



How far along: 38w

Total weight gain: 15 lbs. 

Size of the baby: 6.5+ lbs & 19.5 inches

Sex: Boy!!  :)

Maternity clothes: Yes

Sleep: Overall, sleep has been better this week.

Best moment(s) of the week:
1.  Knowing we're dilated to a 2 & 60% effaced
2.  Seeing you on the ultrasound machine last Friday!  And hearing that you're approximately 6lbs.
3.  Finishing everything up at work preparing everything at home for your arrival! :)

Movement: Less and less.  I know your time inside is coming to an end...it's very bittersweet!

Food cravings/aversions: Food is sounding less appetizing each day.  I suppose because there isn't much room left anywhere.

Symptoms: My back & pelvis are feeling better {thankfully!}.  Overall I feel pretty good {much better than I remember feeling with Jordyn at this point}.  My heartburn as increased and my ankles are starting to swell though.  Also notable ..the stretch marks have come! :(  They're in the very front on both sides of my belly button.  

Belly button in or out: Flat/starting to pop out.

What I'm looking forward to: Hearing if we've made anymore progress when I go to my appointment Friday.  {unrelated, I'm looking forward to editing my last 2 photo sessions}

Update from the doctor: still 2cm dilated and 60% effaced. His heartbeat was 144. She tried to strip my membranes, but said I was 'unstripable' :( Starting to think little man may really wait until his due date...

Compare to Baby H Pregnancy at 38 weeks  {Oh how I remember week 38 with Jordyn.  Our good friends got married--Adam was in the wedding & sang--and I was SOOOO miserable!  I felt bad but I just couldn't hang.  Thank goodness we stayed right at the hotel that night.} 

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...