Friday, March 15, 2013

Catch Up

It was a crazy week, so I'm behind on blogging.  It seems like I'm either caught up at work & behind on my blog or behind at work and caught up with blogging.  And as soon as the Photo sessions start {which they have!} it's game over for staying up to date with everything!  Such is life I guess.  So here's an update on life...

{Thursday} night we went to Fong's Pizza with our friends Todd & Renee.  My sister Ashley ended up being downtown, which came in handy since we took Jordyn to dinner with us.  We hadn't been to Fong's before, but it just reopened {after some water damage} and has been featured on Food Network, so we wanted to check it out.  We ordered the Crab Rangoon Pizza [my favorite], the Iowan, the Shrumin, and a Pineapple/Canadian bacon pizza and some cheesy bread.  Everything was YUM!  I can't wait to go back.

{Friday} I had a photoshoot so my sisters watched Jordyn for me.  She fell asleep for 20 minutes in the car before we met friends for lunch at Palmers Deli and ended up not taking a nap.  That night Adam and I had a fundraiser to attend downtown for a friend so Jordyn stayed home with her babysitter [T].  This was the second time we've ever had a night sitter {luckily, it was the same one both times}.  After the fundraiser we went to Waterfront in Ankeny to celebrate Adam's first week at his new job {which is going great & he loves by the way!}.  Adam had sushi and I ordered dessert.  It was my first big splurge since being diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes, but my numbers had been low all week, so I celebrated.  Even to my surprise, I could only eat about half!  T said Jordyn did great and ended up falling asleep in her arms! :)

{Saturday} we had breakfast together and lounged around the house all day. I sorted through all of Jordyn's old clothes and got a bunch of totes together for the consignment shop.  I did loads & loads of laundry...the most exciting was getting all of little man's clothes washed and hung as well as getting his crib together!  That night we took Jordyn to our friend's house and went to a Des Moines Buccaneers Hockey Game.  Friends of ours had rented out the Skybox, so we watched the game from up there.  It was awesome to catch up with our friends.  Much to our surprise, we went to get Jordyn abut 10:30 that night and she was STILL AWAKE!

{Sunday} Even with the time change and going to bed late, Jordyn was up around 7am!  We got groceries and ran a couple other errands and lounged around all day!  Jordyn decided to fight her nap so we ended up being mean parents and making her cry it out for a bit.  If you follow me on Instagram, you know that she ended up sleeping right by her door. :(  That night Adam and I took turns rocking her for over an hour before she finally gave up and went to sleep!  Little stinker!  I had a scheduled post for tomorrow about her sleeping in her big girl bed but I felt guilty and pushed it back since this weekend was ugly!

The rest of this week was filled with dinners with friends and family, a late work meeting, Adam's guitar lesson, finding out Jordyn has her first ear infection, and getting ready for a long weekend at the's been too long!


  1. Hey lady! You've won my giveaway! Email me at Thanks!

  2. Sounds like you really have had a crazy week - feet up this weekend I hope!

    Found you via the Bloglovin blog hop, and looking forward to following.

    Have a great weekend.

    Kate x


Thanks for taking the time to read some of our story & especially for commenting!

Other Good Reads

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...