Monday, November 5, 2012

Weekend with Great Grandparents


We had a 'great' weekend!  For the first time all year [yes, 11 months] we had an open weekend.  So what did we decide to do?  Drive to my hometown to spend the weekend with my family.  We arrived 7ish Friday night.  After we settled in we played games.

Saturday morning we got up and went to my Grandma Laura's house.  This was the 1st time Jordyn was at her Great Greandma's house [and only her 3rd time seeing her].  We chatted there all morning and had pizza.

That afternoon we went to my other grandparent's house.  This was Adam's first time seeing their home [we always meet at a resturant or my aunt's house].  We spent the afternoon there.  Thankfully my aunt brought a pack-n-play for us because we forgot one...FAIL! 

Sunday was spent playing games and hanging out at my parents house.  It worked out perfect to spend some time with my grandparents.  It's so easy to get busy with your own lives and forget to make time for your distand loved ones.  Since they're all 70+ this meant a lot to me.  Plus it was nice to see my Grandma Jordan now that she's home and recovering from her knee replacement surgery.

*Jordyn also got her first molar's this weekend [teeth #9 & 10]
**I fully regret my lazy decision to pull my hair back into a pony tail on this morning.  Since we probably won't get retakes of these photos for another year, I really, really regret that decision!  :(

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...