Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Baby Sign Language


Via
Jordyn and I have spent the last two Monday nights at our local library taking a Baby Sign Language course.  When I tell people this I get very mixed reactions.  Some people think I'm crazy, some have never heard of teaching a baby sign language, and others swear by it. 

I'm not taking it to turn my kid into a genius [she already is...totally kidding!] I just love exposing her to all kinds of environments.  At this point this course is the most structure she's had.  I love seeing her sit nicely with kids her age and watching her interact with them.  So far she's taken baby swimming lessons [at our YMCA], attended Zoo Tunes [at the Zoo], went to Story Hour [at our Library], and now Baby Sign Language Class [also at our Library]. 

So, am a I crazy for dragging my 12 month old to all these things that she won't even remember?  Or am I doing a good thing by spending quality time exposing her to new things?  What are you thoughts, I would love to hear!

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...