Thursday, March 29, 2012

[Baby Gear:Teething]

If you're not expecting...you'll probably want to skip this post. But I've had a lot of people ask me what we love, what we got but never use, etc. So here's the obligatory 'new mama blogger' series! :)


[See Baby Gear:Basics and Baby Gear:Newborn for the beginning of this series]
We're in the heart of teething right now, so this is hot off the press.
Top 5 things to have on hand during teething...
[Amber Necklace] I know it's hard to believe, but I think this purchase has helped her the most.  It's a natural way to help with nasty teething side effects [runny nose, pain, etc.]
[Sophie the Giraffe] SO annoying [nobody told me there are 55468249 squeakers in this toy before I purchased it] but it really is nice.  Plus, when they're not teething they can still use it as an annoying little toy!
[Cold Packs] These are probably the most common thing I see people use.  We have like 5 different shape/sized ones and she likes them.  They're so cold they help with swelling and pain, but she can't won't hold them herself, so they're not the most convenient!
[Teething Tablets] I was reluctant to give these to her at first, but lots of friend recommended them.  I feel like they're instant relief for her.  She usually falls right asleep after she gets one.  Very handy, lots come in the bottle and they're [relatively] cheap.
[Teething Liquid] They're pretty much the same as the teething tablets above, except they're liquid.  you can give these more frequently, but they're more expensive too. 

Any other tricks you've used for teething?

All photos/links from Amazon website. Nobody sponsored this post.

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...