Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sickday

Yesterday Miss Courtney's youngest [C] was sick with a high fever and red checks.  Of course it was 'just viral' [a mother's most hated phrase] and she offered to keep Jordyn still, but Adam and I decided to keep her away for a bit.  I know she was already exposed [the sucky part about sickness in children...you never know until it's too late] but we would we would give it a day or so.  


Thankfully, even though we don't have grandparents in town, we both have flexible jobs.  I was able to go into the office from 5-10a and Adam went in a little late.  I spent the afternoon working from home and hanging out with two of my favorites!  It was a win for all, well except poor C!  :(  


Grandma J [YAY for Grandparents!] is coming to watch Jordyn & Murdock tomorrow so J doesn't have to go back to daycare until Tuesday [Monday is President's Day & my sister called watching J on her day off].  By then everyone will be healthy again...right?! :)  


Also...not sure if it's because I've been a mom for a while now [ha, like 3 months is a 'while'] or if it's because J is a little older, or maybe I just plain got lucky, but I totally got laundry done, dishes done, my bathtub scrubbed, finished my book, and some photos edited.  I haven't done that much in one day since I delivered Jordyn! :)  #Winning!  


Speaking of editing photos...I'll have to update you all on that soon too.  So behind...my new life moto! :)


Feel better soon C!

PS...I have a feeling that 'sick days' when my kid isn't sick are going to be my favorite!! :)

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...