Friday, December 30, 2011

[Maternity Leave]

Alternately titled: 10 weeks of sickness, stress, & appointments

I'm currently sitting in the waiting room while Adam is getting a procedure done.  It's giving me time to reflect on my maternity leave...or rather, how I feel like I got screwed out of my maternity leave!

Maternity Leave: an employee benefit that provides paid or unpaid time off work to care for a child.

[That italics part is where my anticipated maternity leave is far different than my actual maternity leave...]

When I was planning my maternity leave in my mind it was full of napping with my baby, snuggling on the couch, and dancing around the house until daddy came home.

My actual maternity leave has been filled with...
27 hours sitting at the vet
3 appointments for Adam's Upper GI/Scope procedure
5 other medical appointments for Adam & I [sickness, check ups, x-rays, etc.]
3 pediatric appointments for Jordyn [Expected]
1 post baby appointment for me [Expected]

and endless hours of stress and headaches!  Praise God I have a happy, healthy [read: easy!] baby who doesn't mind being schlepped around everywhere!  :)

I call a redo!

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...