Thursday, December 29, 2011

Tybee Island [GA]

I am very behind in this post [with photos that still haven't been edited], but I wanted to make sure to get a little something down about our trip to Tybee Island, GA before the close of 2011.
 
For a week in July we went to Tybee Beach on Tybee Island in Georgia to celebrate my in laws 40th Anniversary
 We stayed with Adam's Auntie Marilyn before flying from Omaha, NE to Atlanta, GA and finally landing in Charleston, SC. We rented a 2011 Blue Ford Focus from the airport and drove down the coast stoping in Beaufort for lunch and arriving to Tybee mid afternoon.
We stayed in a condo right by the beach [I doesn't get any closer to the beach] with shops and restaurants surrounding us!
 
Mornings were spent enjoying the sunrise...
 


Most of our days were spent enjoying the perfect weather on the beach...


 

and eating out & trying ice cream as often as we could 


one [108*] day we traveled to Savannah



 

My oldest 3 nieces & nephew even learned to surf! :)
 

 

After spending the week in Tybee we packed up the car and had lunch in Hilton Head and spent traveled to Charleston for dinner and to stay over before flying home early the next morning. 


Oh...I should mention that I was 6 months pregnant when we went! :)

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...