Friday, November 12, 2010

We're doing okay..

..We want a house so bad we could freak..

[We have a new, beautiful condo that so many would 'freak' for]

..We want Adam to find a job that makes him as happy as mine does..
[We both have jobs in a time when so many don't]


..We want a new truck instead of the old Altima..
[We have a paid off running [thank God!] car]

..We want a yard for Murdock to run and play in..
[We have so many beautiful parks and public areas to play at]

..We wish we had more money to see all the places we want to..
[We should use this time to explore the small things close to us]

..We're so unhappy with our bodies..
[We're overall healthy]

Sometimes it's so hard to see our friends with brand new homes and vehicles.  Or precious children that we feel selfish for wanting in this tiny condo.  I just wish there was a  'plan' to follow that would lead us exactly where we want to be.  Sometimes it's easy to forget we have only been married a year.  And that everyone has to start somewhere...

7 comments:

  1. awwww keep your head up girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you. With the separation, I feel like in some ways, I've taken steps backwards - like not being able to live comfortably, having to watch my spending like a hawk. It's frustrating to go from being able to do whatever, whenever, to having to wait till payday to go to the grocery store. But, like you, I have to try to remember that I have a running car, a warm home, and a stable job (even if it doesn't pay very well, haha).

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there girl! All things come in time. You are very fortunate for what you have. The other things will come when it is time and God knows you are ready.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds to me like you're doing great!!

    You're about my age, and already have much more than I do! (No car, still renting, no savings, husband still in school) But we're doing pretty awesome, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll get there soon enough. I have no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is hard, and it will come, but you're right to try and concentrate on what you do have, you'll always be happier. I think you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful time in your life right now, that you may never get back again. Enjoy the little things because once your life takes off with children, things just don't slow down!

    I've been married for almost 15 years and we've experienced so much together. I adore our three children so much, yet I often long for those early days of marriage when it was just us, where we could be selfish with our time and money.

    I understand that feeling of wanting to move on to bigger and more exciting things. Even now I understand that feeling. Enjoy where you are, because it doesn't come around again. You are exactly where you are meant to be, and it's a beautiful place, with much more beauty to come at the right time.

    Thinking of you today,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read some of our story & especially for commenting!

Other Good Reads

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...