Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Valentines Day Extravaganza...[Pop the ?]


Thank you Mama M for this awesome blog train.  Read mine then post your own and link it up to her MckLinky!


Here it is...short & sweet because I'm absolutely exhausted tonight!


One day while home during my lunch break I was watching the TV show 7th Heaven and called Adam to tell him about Lucy's proposal & how it was my dream to have it replicated.  He was busy working & didn't really act like he was listening...it didn't really matter because we were 'just friends.'  See Adam was my best friend for almost a year before I decided to 'give in' and date him.  


April 2007     [meet Adam @ work]
January 2008  [give in & date Adam]
February 2009 [get engaged]
October 2009  [get married]


We designed the ring at a local place, so I knew what it was supposed to look like.  I'm a little of a control freak so I couldn't even imagine wearing something every day for the rest of my life without having any say in it.  I didn't really know what I wanted but I knew I wanted a triangular diamond & I wanted it to be decent sized [after all...I only get one!]


I knew the proposal was coming but didn't even know if the ring was done yet.  There were a few times between New Years Eve & Valentine's Day I thought he may 'pop the question' but he never did...


Monday he asked me to go to dinner on Friday night and I was excited to try a new steakhouse so I said yes.  Tuesday he told me we were actually going to go to the Marriott Downtown because he told the chef [a client of his] that we would try his new menu.  To say I wasn't thrilled was a huge understatement!  The week goes on and I'm dragging my feet...trying to think of any excuse not to go.  Friday [January 18th] I call all of our friends to go with us...all busy on last notice.  I call my mom when leaving work [early afternoon] and she tells I should probably just go home and get a little nap in because I sound grumpy and no very thankful for a night out with my boyfriend.  I moan & groan and hang up.  I get home and take a nap [with our new puppy Murdock!]  


Adam gets home and forces me to get up and go to out 7pm dinner reservation.  I change my shirt and head out the door with him [no shower...no makeup!].  We get to the hotel downtown and go to the restaurant for our reservation and head to the back room.  I walk in first and see 30+ family members waiting for us.  [My family drove over 2 hours and his about an hour to get to Des Moines and meet us on a Friday night...I was NOT expecting it this night!]  It hit me I was going to get engaged...and I start to get embarrassed & nervous!


We walk to the back...he gets down on one knee and tells me he wants to spend the rest of his life with me and pops the question.  I started hugging him & checking out my ring...he reminds me I never really answered the question [whoops!] :)  


Then Adam got us all dinner and drinks.  And later he and I went to my favorite place...the Grand Piano Bistro for drinks and he got on stage and sang me 'I'm Yours' by Jason Mraz.  I felt soo special!  He did good!  


Here are a few photos...

Me being nervous...walking in.  Apparently when we asked for our reservation the waitress said 'Party of 30' and I totally missed it! :) 


The Ring & sweet fingernail polish!  [It was hot pink]

Adam's Family 
My Family
Everyone @ the Marriott

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...