Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Valentines Day Extravaganza...[Pop the ?]


Thank you Mama M for this awesome blog train.  Read mine then post your own and link it up to her MckLinky!


Here it is...short & sweet because I'm absolutely exhausted tonight!


One day while home during my lunch break I was watching the TV show 7th Heaven and called Adam to tell him about Lucy's proposal & how it was my dream to have it replicated.  He was busy working & didn't really act like he was listening...it didn't really matter because we were 'just friends.'  See Adam was my best friend for almost a year before I decided to 'give in' and date him.  


April 2007     [meet Adam @ work]
January 2008  [give in & date Adam]
February 2009 [get engaged]
October 2009  [get married]


We designed the ring at a local place, so I knew what it was supposed to look like.  I'm a little of a control freak so I couldn't even imagine wearing something every day for the rest of my life without having any say in it.  I didn't really know what I wanted but I knew I wanted a triangular diamond & I wanted it to be decent sized [after all...I only get one!]


I knew the proposal was coming but didn't even know if the ring was done yet.  There were a few times between New Years Eve & Valentine's Day I thought he may 'pop the question' but he never did...


Monday he asked me to go to dinner on Friday night and I was excited to try a new steakhouse so I said yes.  Tuesday he told me we were actually going to go to the Marriott Downtown because he told the chef [a client of his] that we would try his new menu.  To say I wasn't thrilled was a huge understatement!  The week goes on and I'm dragging my feet...trying to think of any excuse not to go.  Friday [January 18th] I call all of our friends to go with us...all busy on last notice.  I call my mom when leaving work [early afternoon] and she tells I should probably just go home and get a little nap in because I sound grumpy and no very thankful for a night out with my boyfriend.  I moan & groan and hang up.  I get home and take a nap [with our new puppy Murdock!]  


Adam gets home and forces me to get up and go to out 7pm dinner reservation.  I change my shirt and head out the door with him [no shower...no makeup!].  We get to the hotel downtown and go to the restaurant for our reservation and head to the back room.  I walk in first and see 30+ family members waiting for us.  [My family drove over 2 hours and his about an hour to get to Des Moines and meet us on a Friday night...I was NOT expecting it this night!]  It hit me I was going to get engaged...and I start to get embarrassed & nervous!


We walk to the back...he gets down on one knee and tells me he wants to spend the rest of his life with me and pops the question.  I started hugging him & checking out my ring...he reminds me I never really answered the question [whoops!] :)  


Then Adam got us all dinner and drinks.  And later he and I went to my favorite place...the Grand Piano Bistro for drinks and he got on stage and sang me 'I'm Yours' by Jason Mraz.  I felt soo special!  He did good!  


Here are a few photos...

Me being nervous...walking in.  Apparently when we asked for our reservation the waitress said 'Party of 30' and I totally missed it! :) 


The Ring & sweet fingernail polish!  [It was hot pink]

Adam's Family 
My Family
Everyone @ the Marriott

10 comments:

  1. That is such a great story!! Beautiful ring! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that proposal on 7th Heaven - don't you love when they actually listen to you. Awesome ring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your ring is so unique! i have never seen anything like it : ) such a special story! it's so so funny how we seem to miss the most obvious things.. when Ian proposed to me, we drove by the limo (parked in a softball field parking lot) and i even pointed it out, but was TOTALLY clueless, even though i was expecting it sometime soon... kinda like your "Party of 30" thing. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! What a great story! And your ring is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute story! AND a very beautiful ring! I've never seen anything like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw how sweet! I love your ring, I Love that it's not the traditional plain jane ring! It's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I've never seen such an eclectic ring!! How cool!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read some of our story & especially for commenting!

Other Good Reads

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...