Monday, October 8, 2018

Our Weekend in Denver

The kids and I spent last weekend at my parents house.  Adam was going to join, but he had a late work event on Friday and didn't want to catch croup from Cullyn {he has a band gig coming up}so he ended up staying home at working on some projects {hung some things, did yard work, and redid the back deck off our room--yay!!}  
You should see all of my mom's fall decor!

Cullyn stayed home from school Thursday and Friday, so we grabbed Jordyn after school and headed straight to Denver.  Friday night we ordered pizza in and chatted.  Saturday morning we went to see my grandma in the nursing home {Grandma Laura/Grandma Great}.  Sadly she has Alzheimer's and didn't recognize me. :( It's tough to watch, but I'm happy to visit her when I go back. We used to spend so much time with her, so I have tons of great memories!



After that we grabbed a quick lunch and I headed out to take engagement photos for one of my bride & grooms next year.  Afterwards, I met up with my everyone at Phelps Youth Pavillion.  They're a little older now and loved it even more than before!  We played there for hours before heading home for dinner and several games of Uno and Skip-o.

Sunday we went on a little hike around Hartman Reserve.  Then we went to lunch and the kids and I headed for home.  It had been so long since we spent a weekend in Denver, so it felt great to be back!  Next time we're home will likely be for Christmas!  

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...