Tuesday, January 5, 2016

I'm Back | Happy New Year!

Wow…I had no intentions of leaving this space untouched for the last 2 weeks!  In my sheltered little mind, the kids were with gram & papa for the week, so Adam and I would work on the house until 6ish each night and then we would go out to dinner or maybe even catch a movie at the theatre before coming home and relaxing in front of the tv {him} & on the computer {me}. HA HA HA.  Joke is totally on me!  That is nothing like it really played out!  Here's a tiny glimpse of our life the past two weeks…

Jordyn got sick {got meds}
Cullyn got sick {got meds}
I got a sinus infection {got meds, but didn't fill my script b/c I felt like I could kick it without--haha!}
We celebrated Christmas with Adam's family
We celebrated Christmas Eve & Morning at home
We celebrated Christmas with my family
The kids stayed with Gram & Papa for a week
Adam & I {w/ a bunch of help} painted almost every inch of our new house & moved in
Adam's band played on NYE
Jordyn was puking all of NYE
My parents came and helped make some small upgrades to the house
My sister & BIL came to visit for the weekend
My other sister & BIL came & installed a new wall {w/ Adam} in Cullyn's room
I photographed a newborn
My BIL got the stomach flu
Adam got the stomach flu
I got a terrible sinus infection & the flu
My other BIL got the flu
My sister got the flu
We finally got internet {today} & have yet to call about getting a trash serviced lined up {we've been here for almost two weeks {insert wide-eyed emoji here} *Adam had the cable guy here on day 1 #priorities 

We ran to Menards approximately 23808903487 times!

We averaged about 5 hours of sleep a night!

Oh, and I showered like 2 times all week! {glorious, right?!}

And our 'meals' also consisted of….Arbys, Blimpie, KFC, Culvers, Pizza Hut, Chick Fil A, Wendy's, Jimmy Johns, Panera, McDonalds, Papa John's and more.


So the mini bottles of Champagne that I bought to toast to the new house or possibly use to pre-game before going out for New Year's Eve remain sealed on the wine cart, but at least we're in.  We aren't 100% settled, but we're happy to all be together in one place {and almost healthy enough to enjoy each other}

So there is a bit of a catch up from us.  I'll be back soon {hopefully} to catch up on Christmas/NYE/Resolutions {bear with me, I know you're all way past this!!} & photos of the house, the kids' new favorite activity, and more. I hope you're all healthier than we have been!

6 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, I'm so sorry you've been sick! I swear it always happens at the worst possible time. Can't wait to see pictures of the new house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! More house photos coming soon...promise! ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh no! Sounds like a rough, yet exciting 2 weeks!! Yay for being HOME!!! Can't wait to see more pics!!! Love how it's looking!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very much so! Hope your trip is going well!

      Delete
  3. Ugh sickness sucks. I love the kids rooms though, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They've been my favorite to decorate. I'm hoping to finish them up soon! ;)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read some of our story & especially for commenting!

Other Good Reads

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...