Tuesday, January 5, 2016

I'm Back | Happy New Year!

Wow…I had no intentions of leaving this space untouched for the last 2 weeks!  In my sheltered little mind, the kids were with gram & papa for the week, so Adam and I would work on the house until 6ish each night and then we would go out to dinner or maybe even catch a movie at the theatre before coming home and relaxing in front of the tv {him} & on the computer {me}. HA HA HA.  Joke is totally on me!  That is nothing like it really played out!  Here's a tiny glimpse of our life the past two weeks…

Jordyn got sick {got meds}
Cullyn got sick {got meds}
I got a sinus infection {got meds, but didn't fill my script b/c I felt like I could kick it without--haha!}
We celebrated Christmas with Adam's family
We celebrated Christmas Eve & Morning at home
We celebrated Christmas with my family
The kids stayed with Gram & Papa for a week
Adam & I {w/ a bunch of help} painted almost every inch of our new house & moved in
Adam's band played on NYE
Jordyn was puking all of NYE
My parents came and helped make some small upgrades to the house
My sister & BIL came to visit for the weekend
My other sister & BIL came & installed a new wall {w/ Adam} in Cullyn's room
I photographed a newborn
My BIL got the stomach flu
Adam got the stomach flu
I got a terrible sinus infection & the flu
My other BIL got the flu
My sister got the flu
We finally got internet {today} & have yet to call about getting a trash serviced lined up {we've been here for almost two weeks {insert wide-eyed emoji here} *Adam had the cable guy here on day 1 #priorities 

We ran to Menards approximately 23808903487 times!

We averaged about 5 hours of sleep a night!

Oh, and I showered like 2 times all week! {glorious, right?!}

And our 'meals' also consisted of….Arbys, Blimpie, KFC, Culvers, Pizza Hut, Chick Fil A, Wendy's, Jimmy Johns, Panera, McDonalds, Papa John's and more.


So the mini bottles of Champagne that I bought to toast to the new house or possibly use to pre-game before going out for New Year's Eve remain sealed on the wine cart, but at least we're in.  We aren't 100% settled, but we're happy to all be together in one place {and almost healthy enough to enjoy each other}

So there is a bit of a catch up from us.  I'll be back soon {hopefully} to catch up on Christmas/NYE/Resolutions {bear with me, I know you're all way past this!!} & photos of the house, the kids' new favorite activity, and more. I hope you're all healthier than we have been!

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...