Friday, March 20, 2015

Life Update

No photos.  We're pretty much in survival mode over here.  The kids haven't been served veggies in almost two weeks, we don't even have milk in the house, and we're all pretty much surviving on delivery...

Murdock | Is in heaven this week!  He's never slept in our bed so much.  I'm learning what life like a dog is like--how can anyone sleep that much?!  Healthwise, he's doing really well again.  It's crazy that we're about ready to see his 7th Birthday {in June}!

Cullyn | He's definitely getting better, in fact, he's probably the healthiest of all of us, excluding Murdock.  He's taking his meds better than ever before.  We transitioned him from his crib to a trundle bed and it didn't phase him at all, in fact, he's sleeping {knock on wood!} better than before!  He's such a lover and definitely doesn't like seeing mama sick, he's giving me plenty of kisses! :)  Also, he'll be two, one month from yesterday {!!} so I've started planning his party! :)

Jordyn | She had a rough start to the week, matted eyes, {nasty} sinus infection, and infected ear.  She's feeling much better.  Happy to be taking Amoxicillin, but putting up a pretty good fight with every dose of cough medicine or eye drops.  We transitioned her from a toddler bed to a twin bed.  While she loves her new bedding, she still wants to sleep with mama. :)  So far, she's spent one night in her bed {until 2a when she came to ours}, another night I slept with her from 8p to 1a, and last night I didn't even fight it and let her come to bed with me.  So we aren't batting very well this week, but whatever.  I don't have the energy to get too worked up about it.  I know she'll eventually stop sleeping with her mama. She's finally feeling better, I know this because she finally less emotional {she gets it from her mama}

Adam | He's mostly trying to stay away from all of our sick germs, but I don't think he's going to escape.  He started getting some of my early symptoms {lots of drainage, sore throat, chest congestion, etc.} yesterday and there is no sign of it going away anytime soon.  I'm trying to get him to go to the doctor instead of waiting like I did, because it clearly did me no favors to wait it out!  He recorded a few {original} songs with the lead guitarist in the band on Tuesday night, so that was fun to experience.  I love seeing him in his element.  :)  Other than that, he's been pretty busy been working, which is a good thing.

Me | I'm sure you've seen me complaining all over social media.  I've been {really} sick since Tuesday.  {severe body aches, high fever/chills, terrible headache & sinus pressure, tons of drainage, ears, throat, etc.}  I skipped work on Wednesday and Thursday, I'm praying to go back on Monday.  I have wasted so much of my PTO on sickness this year, I swear I've been sick nonstop since Thanksgiving! :(  LONG story short..since Wednesday morning I've been to the doctor twice.  Two strep tests {negative}, two blood draws, one Influenza A test {negative}, one antibiotic {not working}, one pain med {causing vomiting}, and one shot {of antibiotic} later…I'm finally feeling good enough to get out of bed!  They're still running tests to see what I have.  I think my fever finally broke {for good} last night.  I had to skip my charity bowling event today {I just didn't have the energy and I think the noise would have absolutely killed me} but I'm hoping to be able to make it to my session that is scheduled for tomorrow morning--we'll see.  

Also, as much as it pains me to write this, but I have officially dropped out of the marathon.  :(  I hate even writing that, but I think it's the best choice right now.  There really were many factors in my decision, but a few of the main ones were the fact that I was starting to resent running, on Tuesdays I was lucky to see my kids for 1-2 hours all day, and the biggest factor of all, I feel like my body was failing me--telling me to slow down and get healthy first.  {Since Thanksgiving I've had severe strep, Influenza, bronchitis, sinus infection, ear infection, two colds, and now this}.  I'm so disappointed, but I'm hoping I can get myself together and run one next year around my 30th birthday!

Other than that, I have a huge project due at work in a few weeks that I am so far behind on!  {like would totally lose my job if I don't get it done--so say a little prayer for me there!}.  I've already booked 3 wedding for 2016 which is super exciting!  And my website is this close to going live!!!  And quite possibly our most exciting news of all…after hours and hours of interviewing…we've found our nanny!  She's been over a few days for shorter amounts of time, but she starts full time on Monday so please say a pray for all of that!

I feel like there is more going on {because it's absolutely crazy over here} but that's all I can think of right now, so there you have it.  Our life update in 5 minutes!  

Again, HUGE thanks to my parents for taking the kids all of last week, my MIL for watching the kids a few days this week, and my sister & husband for taking the kids yesterday -- we could NOT have do it without all of you!

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...