Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Christmas | 2014

I know, I know...the lights are off, the trees have been taken down, the decorations are packed up--everyone is over Christmas!.  Christmas was 2 1/2 weeks ago, which might as well be 2 years in blog land, but I have to post this for the books! :)

Christmas at Gram & Papa's
This year we had Christmas with my mom's family on the 20th & my parents on the 21st. We also stopped to my grandma's {dad's mom} on the 20th, because we hadn't seen here since August. 
A few highlights of our trip back home were Jordyn receiving her only requested gift--a 'cleanin' set' :)  Brad and I had a mean karaoke competition!  And several games of Sequence & Dominos along with a few new ones HeadsUp & Cards Against Humanity.  Always a good time! :)


























































Christmas Eve at Church
Christmas Morning at the Lakehouse
Our sitter had the week of Christmas off again this year, so my mom watched the kids for us.  My dad brought them to meet us Christmas eve afternoon so we could make it to the 5p church service.  After church we stopped by Adam's parents for a little bit before going to the lake to set cookies and meat & cheese {at Jordyn's request} out for Santa, toss Reindeer food in the driveway so they knew where to stop, read The Night Before Christmas, and snuggle in for Santa to come.  Then, the elves Adam & I, finished wrapping presents, assembled the drum set & bike from 'Santa' and recorded a cute video of 'Santa' in our house via the Kingl app.
Christmas morning was slower than I imagined.  The kids woke about 7:30.  They played with the Santa gifts, Adam got a fire going, and I started some Christmas music.  Opening their presents could have lasted them all day! :)  That night we went to the Heemsta's house where we ended up watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation {one of my all time favorite Christmas movies}.























































Christmas at Grandma Joy & Grandpa Dean's
This year we had Christmas with my Adam's family on December 26th & 27th. Friday night we had a steak & seafood meal.  If I'm being completely honest, I was dreading dinner.  Mealtimes are usually pretty brutal at our house right now.  We have to beg both kids to eat, Jordyn is constantly wanting us to feed her, & Cullyn refuses to actually sit down and eat.  It's exhausting.  However, our kids completely blew me away during this dinner.  They were so incredible good, for them.  It was a breath of fresh air to sit down at eat a nice meal without too many interruptions.  After dinner, we played a fun candy bar matching game with teams, and ended the night with Christmas carols around the piano--a Hubbard Family tradition.  All of the grandkids spent the night with Grandma & Grandpa, so Adam, Murdock, and I headed back to the lakehouse for a quick nights rest before getting up and going back to their house for breakfast, presents, & games the next day. 








































You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...