Thursday, October 23, 2014

5 Years


5 Years!  Sometimes if feels like we should still be friends working together, but most of the time if feels like I've known you my while life.  Maybe that's because we've been married for 261 weeks, 1827 days, or 43,848 hours.


I'll be the first to admit, our 5 years have not been perfect; we've had our struggles here and there.  The days & weeks go by faster than we would like.  But when I step back and look at our life, I couldn't be more proud.  Our life is everything I always pictured, two amazing children plus our furbaby.  We're living the American dream, driving a minivan with a condo in a suburb and a small piece of property at the lake.  




I feel so cliche even saying this, but we're broker than we've ever been, yet I feel richer than I've ever been before.  Not only have we been blessed with the birth of two babies, but we've traveled to Jamaica, Las Vegas, Mexico-twice, Kansas City, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Georgia, Florida, Michigan, Texas, & Oklahoma in our 5 years.  




You have a way to make me laugh and melt my heart all at the same time.  I truly could not imagine going through this life without you by my side.  I know I don't say it enough, but you're my rock--you totally keep my grounded, & I thank God for you every day.  Cheers to 5 years baby--72 more! :)


PS...In 15 years we'll start celebrating our Anniversary again!  And you better have your pennies saved & a surprise trip to Bora Bora planned! :) 

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...