Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day

We're in the middle of a weekend full of fun {other than the loss of my phone!} & we've been lucky enough to celebrate with my husband and both my father & father in law {have I mentioned how blessed we are that our parents get along so well?!} this weekend.  I wanted to take a couple of minutes to say Happy Father's Day to some of my favorite fathers!


To the first father I knew...Happy Father's Day!  You're truly one of a kind!  I can't tell you how many times Adam and I have wondered what we would do without you!  Just this year you've done all kinds of wiring around our lakehouse, fixed our furnace, helped install windows & put soffit, facia, & siding on the house. it's been so awesome watching you become a papa.  I'm pretty sure Jordyn will always remember you at the papa that 'hung dat wire' {the cable to showcase her artwork in the playroom}.  You're a man of many talents & we're so thankful to have you around!

To my father in law...Happy Father's Day!  I feel like I've hit the jackpot when it comes to you.  You're a man of few words, but when you do speak it's usually pretty funny.  You're one of the hardest workers I know and would give us your last dollar you had if we asked.  You're a kind, loving, and incredible smart man.  We're so blessed to call you Dad & Grandpa Dean.

And last but not least, Happy Father's Day to my babies' daddy! :)  I can't believe we're celebrating your 3rd Father's Day, I swear we were just dating!!  Either way, we're in a crazy, hectic time of our lives right now and I can't imagine doing it with anyone but you!  You're always willing to help with the kids.  You handle mornings with the kids {& Murdock} like a champ and after working all day to come home make dinner for the family, too!  But more than all of that, you bring happiness to this family like no one else.  Nobody can make our kids laugh like daddy does.  Thank you for making our children {& me!} smile every day.  We love you more than words can express!  I hope you enjoyed your gift & golfing with the boys on Friday, boating with friends on Saturday, & sleeping in this morning.  I've got a bloody mary waiting for you when you wake up! :)

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...