Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Cullyn {12 Months}

How is it possible my baby is ONE?  I have to admit, we were so busy preparing for your party this weekend, and then Easter, that I didn't really have time to mourn the fact I no longer have a baby!  Don't get me wrong, I am so incredibly blessed you are one.  You're so happy and totally healthy, and for that alone I am so thankful!  However, as things slowed down and life returned to normal today, it hit me that I no longer have a baby and I'm reminded yet again just how fast these days go.  


You are a crazy little boy now, everyone is starting to comment about it now.  You climb on anything and you're into everything, just like little boys should.  You love playing on the stairs {giving mama a heart attack!} You love music and start dancing anytime you hear it; your sister's guitar is your favorite toy.  You aren't walking on your own yet, but you practically run  behind little push toys.  You are strong.  And you hate diaper changes and getting dressed.  And you're still biting, mainly mama & sissy! :(




You're sleeping better than ever before!  You typically don't take a morning nap anymore, just one longer {2 hour} nap each day.  You go to bed around 8p and wake about 7a these days.  You started resisting going to bed at night now that we've weaned you off the bottle and onto the sippy cup. :(  We give you a sippy cup of whole milk {or water} throughout the day.  You love the sippy, except at bed time, when you miss your bottle.  You love table food so much and will pretty much eat anything!  We finely dice everything up and you feed yourself.  You’ve had avacados, puffs, peaches, pears, fruit bars, green beans, pees, lima beans cheerios, eggs, lasagna, chicken, pizza, yogurt, pancakes, apples, pasta, rice, sushi, tuna noodle casserole, whole chicken nuggets, apples, baked beans,cheese, etc.  Plus lots of dog food and paper!




You're still in size 3 diapers, size 6 - 12 month clothes, and 12 month jammies.  You weigh about 18.1 lbs {11%}, you're 29" tall {18%}, & your head is 17.7" {32%}.  You wear size 4 {Stride Rite & TOMS} shoes.  You still have 12 teeth {Yes, you got SIX teeth this month--perhaps that's why you have had a hard time falling asleep at night}





And it's crazy that you turned a year without celebrating your first Easter {you arrived just after Easter last year and your birthday was the day before Easter this year} but since it was just a day after you turned one, I'll mention you celebrated your 1st Easter at the Lakehouse in Montezuma.  We had your Birthday Party {Little Man themed} during brunch Saturday morning and Sunday morning we went to church, took Hubbard family photos, & then had lunch at Grandma and Grandpa's house.






  I cannot express how lucky we feel to have you in our lives.  You absolutely light up our life with your smile & personality and complete this family in a way I didn't think was possible.  This year has been the fastest one of my life, but I can't wait to celebrated everyone one with you!  We love you to the moon & back little man! -- Mama & Daddy 







You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...