Tuesday, January 14, 2014

What I Eat {a picky eater watching calories}

Cullyn {& therefore Adam and I, too!} had a rough night again, not falling asleep until after 3a.  These are the mornings I want to stuff my face with a donut and mt. dew before starting my day, as a reward for getting out of bed, but instead I'll write about my 'new' eating habits....
------------------------------------------------------------------------
In 2014, I'm really putting time and effort into my body.  With two sisters getting married +  three beach vacations this year, I've been motivated to try to find it again.  

I use MyFitnessPal all day, everyday.  {which helps me stay accountable instead of just guessing how many calories I taken in and what I have left.

I drink water all day, everyday. {this helps keep my body mind full, plus it's obviously good for everyone!}

I try to workout every day. Depending on my workouts, my food will change.  For instance, if I do kickboxing {burns tons of calories} then I usually have pasta {because I love pasta but never have enough calories for it unless I kickbox.  If I run or do the elliptical {burns less calories than kickboxing, but still a decent amount}, I usually have a piece of chocolate or some treat that I don't usually get to 'reward' myself.  If I walk or push the stroller, I usually reward myself with a soda or a glass of wine.  I'll post about my gym routine separately.

Okay, now to the part I was really getting to...
I'm a really picky eater, so I have to control my portion size to stay under my calories for the day.  But, I make it work for me. Also, I don't mind eating the same thing every.single.day.  Again, it works for me.

Breakfast {5-8a depending on the day}
if I'm craving a donut, I eat a peanut butter, chocolate chip granola bar {I love the Quaker ones}
if I'm crazing something hearty, I eat a scrambled egg with a little diced lunch meat and shredded cheese
if I'm lazy, I eat toast with butter or peanut butter on it.

Morning Snack{9-10a depending on the day}
I'll have a little slice of cheese {I love Laughing Cow garlic and herb} with a few crackers {usually Wheat Thins or Thin Crisps}
Sometimes I have a handful of almonds, a string cheese, or some popcorn.

Lunch{11a-12p depending on the day}
if I know I'll be working out, I'll eat a personal sized frozen pizza.
if I know I won't be working out, I'll eat a lunchmeat sandwich.
if I'm lazy, I will eat a portion of leftovers from dinner the night before.

Afternoon Snack{2-3p depending on the day}
if I know I'll be working out, I'll eat a mini bag of baked chips.
if I know I won't be working out, I'll eat a mini bag of popcorn.
if I'm hungry, I eat a peanut butter granola bar.
if I'm craving chocolate, I eat a chocolate covered granola bar.

insert workout here {4-7p depending on the day}

Dinner{5-8p depending on the day}
My portion size and if I eat the starch, depends on how many calories I have left, but I eat whatever my husband makes for dinner that night.
Chicken and rice
Fish
Chicken Marsala
Steak and potatoes
Roast & potatoes
Chicken Alfredo
Homemade pizza
Chicken/Beef tacos

Dessert{occasionally}
if I have calories left...
a glass of wine
a can of Mountain Dew
a scoop of ice cream
a piece of chocolate

Again, I am no physician, dietitian, or supermodel, but for me it's all about being able to eat what I like, in moderation and staying active throughout the week.  For the most part, I have cut all drinks besides water since they are empty calories.

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...