Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Jordyn's 2nd Birthday Party [Here's the Scoop...Jordyn's TWO!]

Theme :: 'Here's the Scoop...Jordyn's TWO!]
Location :: Our Lakehome
Decor :: 

Highchair :: Thrifted for last year's party | Birthday Banner and Party Hat:: Printed offline | Tissue Paper Tassel Garland :: Etsy | Balloons :: Party Supply Store 

Food::
Cookies :: Made by Gram | Drinks :: Water & Pink Lemonade
Ice Cream Bar :: Cones, Bowls, & LOTS of Toppings!
The cake was a huge disappointment for me. I tried a new baker based on photos off her website which I'm assuming {after this fiasco} we not her cakes.  It was cracked down the center and the cones were falling off.  Plus it looked like she wrote on it with her left hand. :(  Next cake will come from our usual baker.   It tasted fine, just wasn't Pinterest worthy like I imagined when I was buying it.

Jordyn approved! :)

I forgot to take photos before the party, so she was a bit distracted when I was taking these! :)
Dress :: Von Maur | Jean Jacket :: Gap | Hair Bow :: Etsy

Highlight of the Party::
Cookie decorating station.  Gram brought unfrosted cookies and we let the kiddos decorate them.  It was a HUGE MESS, but they LOVED it! :)



And of course there were LOTS of gifts including a water/sand table, a john deere tricycle, clothes, books, toys, etc.

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...