Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thankful | November 2013

I know, I know...it's like a friend of my posted on Facebook 'everyone that complains all year long is suddenly thankful for everything'  I found that funny.  I try to fill this place with happy things, and reading everyone's posts on Facebook {I didn't participate this year} has reminded me be thankful for lots of little things, even in the thick of ugly.  So here is my 'Thankful' post {I'll be adding to it throughout the month}....

November 1 | my Father in Law
Today, after working a full day at work, my husband and father in law insulated the attic of our lake house to help even the temperature throughout the house and keep heating costs down this winter.  I cannot tell you the number of projects my father in law has come to help with, no matter how many hours he has worked throughout the week or how much he would rather be napping in his recliner! :)  I love him like my own father!

November 2 | Medicine
After a long couple of weeks with Cullyn, I am so thankful for awesome healthcare providers and more importantly, good medicine.  Thank you for making my little man feel better!

November 3 | my Brother in Law
I am so thankful for my selfless brother in law, Daryl.  This man is an awesome BIL & even better husband and father.  He is always willing to lend a hand.  Today he came to our lake house to help start the siding project.  Without him giving up his Sunday, we would have not been able to get the entire front of the lake house sided.

November 4 | my Hubby
There are so many aspects of Adam I have to be thankful for, but today I am most thankful to have him as the father of my children.  I cannot imagine doing this parenting thing alone.  He is always ready to take over when I need a break no matter how tired he is.  He takes care of our children every single morning and comes home from work to help again.  And nights like last night/this morning, he even takes night duty.  I can't imagine going through life with anyone else by my side.  I am so blessed to call him my husband and an honored that my children have such an awesome role model to look up to.

November 5 | a Flexible Boss
Again, going back to the long week we're enduring with Cully, I am so thankful for my boss.  Thankfully, she has been a working mama {of 4--with a traveling husband!} so she understands my need for a work/home balance.  Anytime I need to leave work or work from home she is 100% of board and tells me I need to take care of myself and my family before work.  This is such a rarity and I am so, so thankful for an understanding boss.  She is truly one of a kind.

November 6 | my Mother in Law
We are so blessed to have Joy.  She is always willing to come watch our children, even when she was working.  She lives to watch her grandchildren grow up and be involved with them.  Today she took the entire day to drive to our home and watch our sick boy, potty-training girl, & needed pup.  A 12 hour day with our crew is no easy feat and yet she never hesitates to help when we ask.  We are so thankful for our loving Mom/Grandma Joy.

November 7 | my job
I know I don't always act like it, but I am very thankful to have my job.  It's flexible and I really do like what I do-for the most part!  It's fast paced and super busy, but I'm actually thankful for that.  I can't imagine it any other way.  I am especially thankful for my job as the holidays approach us.

November 8 | nights in with my family
Thankful for this Friday night 'in' with my family.  Hanging out, wearing sweats,  and regrouping for the weekend.  It's so rare that we get a a full night at home to just relax and play as a family.  Movie nights in are one of my favorite!

November 9 | my Parents
So, so incredibly thankful for my parents.  For many reasons of course {loving, supportive, friends, etc} but today I'm thankful for the amazing grandparents they are to my kids and that they are always willing to come lend a hand when we're feeling exhausted and overwhelmed.  They love my kids and the time they get to spend with them.  *Thankful there were here for overnight/am duty with my kids who woke at 4:30a today {11/10} as well! :)

November 10 | awesome friends
We have the best friends ever!  So many of them we can hardly keep up {school friends, lake friends, old friends, {former} colleges, etc.} but the ones I'm most thankful for today are the Joynts.  We are recovering from an incredible night out with them last night.  We spent the evening at a concert and celebrated until the wee hours of the morning.  They always guarantee a great time.  I'm especially thankful that we can have an awesome night wether we stay in or we go out.  We are always their for each other and since we don't have grandparents in town, that means a lot! 

November 11 | all the Veterans
I know everyone is thankful for the veterans, so it's pretty cliche, but having this blog has really made me aware of the sacrifices that military families go through on a daily basis.  I am so grateful for all of the military men and woman for what they do everyday to keep us safe and fight for our freedom.  I feel so proud today {and everyday} to be living in America.

November 12 | home & heat
Holy cow was it cold today!  It snowed {1/5"} yesterday and when I went to work this morning it was just 13* outside {less with windchill & boy is it windy!}  The office was frigid until almost 9a!  This makes me so very blessed to have a warm home {and car & office}.  I cannot imagine being homeless {or even working outside} during days like today.  It's just bitter cold!

November 13 | our gym membership
Although I just dread going to the gym some days, once I'm there I really like it!  It gives me a boost of energy and helps me 'reset.'  I love the girls I've met there, the daycare, the tanning bed/sauna, and mostly the variety of classes they offer.  Such a blessing to find a gym that works for our family.

November 14 | a great daycare provider
Going through Cullyn's sickness and Jordyn's potty training the past couple of weeks has confirmed just how awesome of a daycare provider we have.  It takes a special person to be able to handle 6 kids under 3 {5 of them under 2!} all day, every day.  The kids love going to see her and we love that she reads to them and loves of them just like we do at home.  Truly a blessing to have a great sitter that we're comfortable with, I can't imagine it any other way!

November 15 | all of my photography clients
Wow!  I have been blown away by my awesome photography clients this year!  I have met some really cool people who have allowed me to expand myself both personally and professionally.  I never would have dreamt I would be doing photography for anyone besides my family.  It's so fun to have a creative outlet for me.

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...