Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Little Free Libraries {Have you heard of them?!}

The other day I stumbled across a website that had a link to this thing called Little Free Library and I was immediately intrigued.  They are literally, little, free libraries.  Typically in someone's backyard.  As it turns out, this is not a new thing {I'm just behind, like usual!} So I clicked on the map right away to see that we actually about 50 in Iowa and one right in our town!
So last Thursday I loaded up the kids and we went to check it out.  It was in the perfect location, right where a neighborhood backyard, community pond/walking path, and a city park meet.  Typically these are designed for people to take a book {this one had about 2 or 3 dozen books ranging from children's books to history to chick lit} and leave another one to replace it.  However, we didn't bring a book, so we just sat down and read all of the children's books they had.  We had so much fun!  When we do the landscaping at the lakehouse, I really, really want to make one!  It would also be a great place to leave books you're looking to donate. 

Let me know if you end up going to one in your area!

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...