Monday, August 19, 2013

Cullyn {4 Months}

Happy 4 Months Little Man!
You are getting so big {& everyone seems to point that out to us}.  Although your legs are nothing compared to your sisters at this age.  You weigh 14lb. 8oz {27%} and are 24.75in. {28%} long.  You wear size 3 diapers {Luvs or Pampers} and 0-3 or 3 month clothes {depending on the brand}
You show no interest in rolling over and mama is totally okay with that.  Secretly I love that when I put you down, I know you'll be in the same spot {unless your sister gets a hold of you--haha!}.  I know soon enough you will be everywhere! :)
95% of the time you are such an awesome baby {very laid back & content} but the other 5% when you aren't happy...you.are.not.happy.  Typically when you have a full diaper {like your sister, you hate being wet-like at all!}, or when you are hungry, but most of all when we're in the car!  You very much dislike car rides which makes it very interesting when we go to the lake house.  I don't remember the last time I didn't have to crawl in the backseat to soothe you! {And I swore I would never be that mama--haha!}
Sleep...during the day you are a great napper.  At night you like to go to bed early {8ish} but you're up a few {1-3} times a night.  We usually only feed you once, but we change your diaper twice, and put your binky in up to three times a night.  Someday we will all sleep again.  I know this too is just a phase and will be gone before I know it.  Until then, your daddy and I are just learning to function on very little sleep! :)  It's a good thing you are so irresistible! :)
You started laughing out loud a little this month and it's one of the most adorable sounds I have ever heard!  Although I does remind me that you're no longer a newborn and now a full fledged little baby boy!  But you're happy and healthy and growing like a weed which is all that mama cares about!  
You LOVE your binky.  It soothes you right away and you require it multiple times throughout the night.  I mostly find it adorable that you use a paci, but I know a year from now it's going to cause a lot of headaches! :)  However, if a binky is not available, you suck on your hand.  Although that is adorable too, I would prefer you use a paci than your fingers.  
Also this month, you've started what I can only assume is teething.  You have no signs of actual teeth yet, but lots of drooling and so.much.gnawing!  You are pretty much always chewing or sucking on something right now.
You also love {okay kind of insist} on being snuggled.  You love to be held at any time of the day, but it's a must to put you to sleep.  You're also pretty specific with your snuggle...Head in the elbow crease, body held between our arm and belly, slightly tilted into us, your bottom arm must be around our side, then insert your binky, hold it tightly between your mouth and our body, give you a little bounce/shake, and voila!  You're alseep within minutes {usually!}
You're spoiled, and I know it.  That's the amazing thing about a second child; Mama knows just how fast it really goes so I do whatever you want to be happy.  Am I doing that's 'best', who knows, but it's working and you're happy which is all that really matters at this point.  
We have transitioned you to Gerber formula {after trying almost every brand out there} and you seem to spilt up the least with it.  So for now it's Gerber.  I'm still hoping we can switch you to Up&Up {Target brand} at some point, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.  If your stomach does best with Gerber, than that's what we'll continue.  You're eating 6oz. of formula at  8a, noon, 4p, & 8p.  Plus usually another 6 ounces through the night, usually between 2-5a.  

You still sleep in the pack and play next to mama.  You typically go to bed between 8 & 9pm.  You've regressed a little with your sleep.  You're up 3-5 times a night on average right now.  Once or twice for feedings and two to three times for your binky.  You usually wake about 3am {20 minutes before mom's alarm goes off} for a diaper change and feeding.  I lay you right back down and you sleep until 6-8a.

You love attention {just like your sissy}.  As long as you're being talked to, rocked, or touched you're usually happy! :)
Love you to the moon & back!
Mama and Daddy

2 comments:

  1. Seriously that face! I just want to squeeze those cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So handsome!!! Looks like his sister too!! 4 months, wow!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read some of our story & especially for commenting!

Other Good Reads

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...