Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Postpartum Body {& a must purchase!}

I had to go shopping today to get some new undergarments.  I purchased my first real {non-maternity} bra for the first time in 2 years...holla!

Let me just say, I've 'recovered' from both kids the same....I deliver, I come home, and less than a week later I'm back in my jeans.  {they don't quit fit the same, but I'm in}

Before you send me nasty emails, hear me out...

I might be able to get back into my jeans right away, but why is it that the number that I was pre-baby and the {same} number I am back at are SO, SO different!  Yes, it's the same number, and yes, I do fit into my clothes, but holy hell do they look so totally different!

There is something about all of stretching and shifting that just does not do the body well.  I am 26 years old and I just bought 'full coverage' and 'comfort strap' bras and shapewear!

What the hell?!

I am thankful I'm back to {semi} normal size, but man do I wish I would have been more thankful for the way I wore this number pre children!

-------------------------------------

As for the 'actual' healing this time...it's like your body totally knows what's going on.  I felt 100% in less than a week.  It could be related to the quicker delivery, but I think a lot of it just has to do with the fact that your body knows what to do {especially mine since it just went through this 18 months ago!} I was so fortunate to be back to normal so quickly.  In fact I started running jogging at 4 weeks postpartum this time {yes, with the ok from my OB}

-------------------------------------

PS...Shapewear is AMAZING!  It's my new obsession.  I had Spanx before but found them extremely uncomfortable.  The thing I got this time is like a leotard {that you wear your own bra with}...PERFECT!  I have no idea what I did before it.  So if you're not toned like you would like to be, I recommend running out today and buying one of these numbers...you can thank me later! :)  
And before someone asks, no, this was NOT sponsored! 

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...