Wednesday, February 6, 2013

San Francisco | California [+/-]


There are so many things about this city I LOVED [the 'cold' temps are 50's, they have palm trees, the restaurants are some of the best in America, Chinatown is crazy, the Ferry Building Market is out of this world, your shopping options are almost unlimited, they have one of the best skyline views...] but there are also so things that made me very happy to live in little, old, Iowa!  Here are just a few of the observations *I made while in San Fran...


::I don't have to pay $6/ hour to park my car, or take 3 different busses to get across town
::I get to shop for all of my weekly stuff in one place [Target, Wal*Mart, Hy-Vee, etc.]
::When I shop, I don't have to bring my own bag or purchase one of theirs
::After I shop, I get to load them all up in my little SUV and drive them directly back to my house! ;)
::I can cross the street anywhere I want!  No waiting for 'walk' signals at the crosswalk
::I don't have to hang my laundry out my window to dry
::I get 5 times the space in my house that they get in yours & for 1/3 of the price! ;)
::Anywhere I walk will not have a hill like almost all of your streets do!
*I said I, so I'm just talking about my option.  I know that it's different for everyone!

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...