Monday, January 7, 2013

Resolutions::2013 {Subway Art Style}

I've done New Year's Resolutions since I started blogging [in fact, I started blogging around New Year's 2010].  It's always fun to look back and see what was important to me then.  Now, as I get ready to birth my second child, my goals are much different.  If I were doing the 'Word of the Year' that many people do, my word for 2010 through 2012 would have been Happiness, Travel, and Live respectively.  My one word goal for 2013 is going to be survival. Yes, I hope to accomplish a lot, have fun, and enjoy life to the fullest, yada, yada.  But I know the transition to a newborn, 18 month old, and sick pup is going to be challenging [& oh, so rewarding!] so I'm just hoping to survive this year and remember during all of my sleepless nights and potty training stories and it will be gone before I know it and to enjoy every single moment I can.  So here is my short list of what I would like to see in 2013.

January Date [We went to dinner at Waterfront and then saw Parental Guidance at the theatre--apparently I never blogged about it!] :(
March Date [We went to a fundraiser at a bar downtown and then back to Waterfront for dinner & dessert]
April Date [We had Brunch at Louie's Wine Dive -- also, our first date post Cullyn]
May Date [We celebrated Mother's Day with a date at Django for dinner]
June Date [We stuck away for a few hours to off-road with Joe & Kim around the lake roads]
July Date [We went to Chicago with my sisters]
August Date [We dined all over Des Moines and celebrated my 27th Birthday]
September Date [We went to an Iowa Football game and boating]
October Date [We snuck away for the night when Adam's Band played in NW Iowa]
November Date [We went to the Keith Urban concert with friends]
December Date [Dinner and a movie while my parents have the kids for 2 days]








You can see my 20102011, and 2012 resolutions as well as my Bucket List by clicking on the links.

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...