Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Murdock Update

After this post [thank you all, for your thoughts] I thought I should give you the latest update with Murdock.

Friday Adam took Murdock to the vet [I was at my emotional end with spending 1/2 days at the vet, waiting & not getting any answers]. 

He is still on three of these medications, but one of them is specifically hard on large breed dogs.  Other than increased appetite & urination, it causes diabetes, & is thinning his skin.  So, we are trying to wean him off that medication again [we tired once & his nodules came right back].  If that is successful, we'll take him off a second medication.  If not, our only other option is to try a [human] cancer drug.  The negative thing about that option...we would need to take him back to Ames for check ups [blood/urine draw] every 2 weeks [read::extremely time sucking & ridiculously expensive considering each time we go-currently every 3 weeks-it's $150-200]

On a positive note, he gained 5 pounds [even though he's lost most all of his muscle & it's all fat weight] 

So...we wait & see how he reacts to the decreased dosage of prednisone.


  1. Thinking of you guys :'-( Give M a big ol' hug!!

  2. Ah poor guy. He seems to love his sisters. :) Sending hugs.

  3. so sad - i truly hope he gets better soon... it's so sad to see our pets in pain or going through something we really have little control over :(
    Thinking about you and your pup!

  4. That has to be so hard!! I really am praying he gets better. Our pets are family and its hard to see them struggle. Keep us posted!!!


Thanks for taking the time to read some of our story & especially for commenting!

Other Good Reads

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...