Friday, October 14, 2011

38w1d


How far along: 38w1d

Total weight gain: 34lbs :(
Size and growth of the baby: just under 7lbs. & over 19 1/2 inches long 

From my weekly email:  [S]he has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold his/her hand for the first time!  The organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.  Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be?  If your baby is born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown.  If they're steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time [s]he's 9 months old.

Sex: pools have started at work...your guess is as good as mine!  Vote on my poll [outside of Google Reader]





Maternity clothes: mostly

Sleep: not terrible for having less than 2 weeks left

Movement: yep

Best moment(s) of the week: packing the hospital bags and opening our camcorder

Food cravings/aversions: angel food cake...mmm!

Symptoms: lots of swelling...it's progressed to my hands.  The wedding ring came off Sunday morning and I feel very achy like I have arthritis in my joints [I'm sure it's just weight and fluid].  Nesting is at an all time high, sleep is at an all time low! :)

Belly button in or out: flat

What I miss: being able to dance & wearing high heals

What I'm looking forward to: our doctor's appointment Monday and our last weekend at the lakehouse without a baby.

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...