Friday, June 3, 2011

19w1d


How far along: 19w1d

Total weight gain: 10 pounds!

Size and growth of the baby: 8 1/2oz. [or about the size of a heirloom tomato]
From my weekly email: Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces, and measures 6 inches, head to bottom. The hair on his/her scalp is sprouting. This is a crucial time for sensory development: Your baby's brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that the baby may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to the baby, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.

Sex: we chose not to find out!

Maternity clothes: still on the line, I would wear more if I had more.  Although Adam [kindly] mentioned the other day that not even my sweatpants fit anymore! :)

Sleep: okay, LOTS of heartburn/acid in my throat especially when I try to lay down.

Best moment(s) of the week: painting the nursery, buying the swing, & picking up the crib that my parents bought for us.


Movement: still waiting, do to the position of my placenta the doctor said it could take a little longer

Food cravings/aversions: slush punch, but overall not feeling very hungry this week.

Morning sickness: disappeared

Symptoms: lots of acid & heartburn, cramping in my feet, & back pain.

Belly button in or out: in

What I miss: taking my Prevacid

What I'm looking forward to: putting the crib together

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...