Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Firecracker 5k

Time of day: 7:30 am

Distance: 3.10 miles [5k]

Time/Pace: 31:48 (10 min pace)

Location: Diamond Lake - Montezuma, IA

Trail, road, treadmill: Paved trail

Weather: Sunny ☀

Pre run snack: Water

Post run snack: Casey's Donut [followed by a funnel cake @ the parade!] :O

*I think I need to work on this pre/post menu! :)*

Thoughts before running: I was very nervous for my first 5k & I knew going in that there were HILLS!

Thoughts while running: This is absolutely horrible..I quit..followed by this is the last time I will ever run.  I was ready to cancel next weekends race..haha!  

Thoughts after running: Okay that wasn't so bad!  If I can do that 5k I can do any 5k.  Why was I being such a baby?!

Any company while running: I knew several people there but ran on my own.

Photos: None...Adam was golfing so I didn't have anyone there to take any...it's okay...I'm sure I looked like death! :)

Don't Forget..to enter my giveaway for a RoadID..ends this Saturday!

9 comments:

  1. You're awesome!!!! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome!!!!! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!! I swear I'm not running anywhere unless someone is chasing me and I might even think about it then LOL {kidding}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! Way to go!! I have the exact same thoughts while running =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great time, you should be proud of yourself!

    PS - I don't like running with people, it messes up my rhythm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This format looks strangely familiar.... :) I use this form in my running blog for every single run I do, races and training. It helps me to figure out what works and what doesn't! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you!!!! Right now I can barely run 0.1 K hhaha

    Funnel cake??? I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay for you!! You'll be hooked for life now! It's way more fun to run with a partner though. Half the time I let them run ahead of me half way through anyway. I also get depressed when the grey haired granny passes me. But then I remember that I'm having fun and it's good for me:) Can't wait to hear about your next race. (Try eating an egg or a piece of peanut butter toast before the race next time. It will help.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your 5k! You did awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read some of our story & especially for commenting!

Other Good Reads

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...