Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Winter Fun List

Happy Thanksgiving Eve!

Well, this year's Winter Fun List is about too look a WHOLE lot different than any year before!  I have been scouring the internet looking for fun 'wintery' things to do in Florida.  Not as much to pull from as Iowa, but we're going to do our best to make it festive! :)


A couple tips for the people that ask how we do all of this in December.
1. Pair the list down to what you actually WANT to you.  Like truly want to do/see, not what you think you should do/think others think you should do.  I typically come up with a list of activities I wouldn't mind doing and then I ask Adam and the kids which of those they would also enjoy {this year 3 big events were crossed off because the kids weren't interested, it was too far away, or it didn't work in the schedule}.  Maybe next year! :)

2. PUT IT ON THE CALENDAR!  I literally make 'appointments' on my calendar for anything I want to happen.  I know what day/night we're going to each event.  For us, the best mix is a 'bigger' {planned & ticketed usually} event and then a smaller {movie, cocoa, s'mores, cookies, etc} event each week. Of course the Christmas novel and puzzle is just mixed in whenever we get the chance. 

Let's all pray for snow in Iowa the week of Christmas, okay? :)

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...