Monday, January 4, 2021

NEW YEAR'S EVE

I shouldn't be surprised that New Year's Eve didn't turn out anything like I had imagined!  
In an effort to stay away from crowds, I booked us early dinner reservations, a limo to look at lights, and a nice loft room at a hotel in Des Moines.  

What really happened -- we checked into the hotel room and I told the kids I would take them to the pool for 30 minutes before we had to get ready for dinner {shower, iron clothes, put on the heels, etc.}  The kids get to the pool and are having a blast.  Adam looks at me and says, "should we ask the kids if they want to go to a fancy dinner or order pizza?"  I agree even though I know their answer before I ask.  They both shout in unison "ORDER PIZZA!"  Jordyn, knowing my heart, then backtracked and offered to do whatever I wanted {haha!}

I cancelled the limo, the dinner reservation at one of Des Moines' newest restaurants, and swapped our loft room to a poolside room while Adam ordered pizza.  We swam, we ate to much pizza & snacks, and we cheers'd the new year!  It was perfect!

And the kids promised me a fancy Valentine's dinner! :)







  

You might enjoy this too...

5 Year Travel Plan

I got this idea from the Best of Both Worlds podcast .  They suggested making a 5 year travel plan.  They had me at travel and planning -- h...